Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadows of the Damned

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

As demon hunter Garcia "F**king" Hotspur, players must venture into Hell itself in order to rescue Paula, Garcia's innocent girlfriend, from the sadistic torments of Fleming, the Lord of Demons.

What exactly happened at the end?

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

So I just finished SotD a couple of minutes ago and I frickin' loved it. All though I'm not completely sure what exactly happened at the end.

So you "defeat" Paula and finally get back together with her, then you let the darkness embrace you until you slowly die, at least that's how I see it. All of a sudden both Garcia and Paula are back in their apartment and everything seems fine, at first, until someone calls and that someone is Fleming I assume.

But are Garcia and Paula still trapped in hell at the end or in some kind of weird limbo between the living and the dead world?

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jack268
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By buzz_killington
    JuggertrainUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JuggertrainUK

I felt like should of ended sooner, seems like the final cut scene was thrown in there to leave it open for sequels.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Castiel

@JuggertrainUK:

I wouldn't mind if we got a sequel though. Even though that's never gonna happen. :´(

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Castiel said:

But are Garcia and Paula still trapped in hell at the end or in some kind of weird limbo between the living and the dead world?

That's what I was thinking, but yeah who knows. Fuckin Suda.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By EightBitShik

I just finished this game myself. I thought it was really good and I enjoyed it but this post came to mind. I have no fucking clue either what happened....

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I don't know. My PS3 ruined my copy. I was very close to the end.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Castiel said:

So I just finished SotD a couple of minutes ago and I frickin' loved it. All though I'm not completely sure what exactly happened at the end.

So you "defeat" Paula and finally get back together with her, then you let the darkness embrace you until you slowly die, at least that's how I see it. All of a sudden both Garcia and Paula are back in their apartment and everything seems fine, at first, until someone calls and that someone is Fleming I assume.

They get back. Turns out Paula is the huntress who tried to kill Fleming way back when. She was kept as his more or less tourter slave. She escapes and gets to Garcia. Skip to when she is kidnapped and then the game happens. After they get back Flemming now knows where she is in the human world and sends his minions none stop to get her back. 
    deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By deathbyyeti

It is a never ending cycle. Garcia saves Paula, Paula gets taken, Garcia and Johnson go through everyone to get her back, Fleming releases them(or they escape because they can somehow), and the chase begins again

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@DeathbyYeti said:

It is a never ending cycle. Garcia saves Paula, Paula gets taken, Garcia and Johnson go through everyone to get her back, Fleming releases them(or they escape because they can somehow), and the chase begins again

Makes you wonder if the whole thing isn't some big game to Fleming. Kinda depressing under that light.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Suda51.

Suda51 happened at the end.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deathbyyeti

@Oldirtybearon: it must be a game. It is what gets him off. The only person to fight back was Paula. She was the unbreakable huntress that Fleming tortured and kept as his to murder over and over. Now that he can torture another soul, Garcia, it is even better

Sveppi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sveppi

@DeathbyYeti said:

@Oldirtybearon: it must be a game. It is what gets him off. The only person to fight back was Paula. She was the unbreakable huntress that Fleming tortured and kept as his to murder over and over. Now that he can torture another soul, Garcia, it is even better

Damn, just finished and feel kinda dumb that I didn't put that together. Alas, it was a great game and I loved it. It might be absolutely insane but it's actually pretty clever under the surface.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Enigma777

That's what happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.