Unlike almost every other Champion in League of Legends Shen does not use mana but rather uses Energy (Much like the Rogue in World of Warcraft) making him very valuable in long fights as he will always be able to use an ability after a few seconds of waiting. This, along with his skills, make him very good at tanking as he does not need to watch both a Health Bar and worry about his mana running out and being useless the rest of the fight.
- Passive: Every 8 seconds, Shen's next attack deals bonus damage
- A ranged attack that deals damage and also applies a debuff that heals friendly units that attack the target.
- Once activated applies a shield to Shen that will absorb damage of the next attack or spell. Has a very short cool down and lasts for about the same amount, making it possible to keep up all the time in a fight.
- A dash the propels Shen in the target direction, any enemies that Shen passes though become taunted and are forced to attack Shen. This is a great ability to use during team fights as a good dash can leave a whole team vulnerable to attack.
- Shen's ultimate ability, allows Shen to teleport to any teammate on the map no matter the range. Once Shen picks an ally to teleport too it applies a shield to that ally, absorbing damage for a short period of time. This ability is very good when used on a teammate being focused on by the other team or to quickly get into position.
- "A demonstration of superior judgement."
- "Enforced equilibrium."
- "With balanced steps!"
- "Our wills align."
- "Press on."
- "From the shadows."
- "So I go."
- "Tread carefully."
- "There is no dispute."
- "It must be done."
- "I find them unworthy."
- "Target marked."
- "Without a sound."
- "With honor."
- "You're already dead, you just haven't caught up yet."
- "If light travels so fast, how come it's never caught a ninja?"