Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shenmue

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 29, 1999

An action-adventure game set in 1980s Japan that follows one young man's journey to avenge his father's murder. It was praised for its ambitious scope and pioneered several gameplay features such as realistic open-world environments and Quick Time Events.

Best of Giant Bomb's Shenmue Endurance Run

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By clagnaught

Episode List:

• Episode 1: Vinny must find sailors, Dan wants an Amiibo of Tom, and Alex's son is also named Fireboylt (Parts 1 through 6)
    • Episode 2: Vinny bumps into Fuku, Dan doesn’t remember this sneaking mission, and Alex can’t believe how long it takes to find that key (Parts 7 through 12)
    • Episode 3: Vinny fights a monster man, Dan sings Thunder Road, and Alex loves how much this lady sucks (Parts 13 through 18)
    • Episode 4: Vinny gets a job at the docks, Dan rides a motorcycle, and Alex goes to Hong Kong (Parts 19 through 26)

That day, did you see the Shenmue Endurance Run?

The Shenmue Endurance Run Playlist

Well…I already covered Persona 4 and the Deadly Premonition Endurance Runs…I guess that means I have to watch Shenmue now.

This series features one highlight from each video in Giant Bomb’s Shenmue Endurance Run. While this series will cover many of the funny moments from Vinny, Alex, and Dan’s play through, it will also tackle the different aspects of Shenmue as a game and what Giant Bomb went through while playing this game.

Oh god, what have I done?

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

What an adventure.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When the shit are they gonna start Shenmue II!?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope that they start Shenmue 2 this year. The hollow world and fighting system of the Yakuza series can go and get bent when Ryo takes the stage.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(So far I've been going through this Endurance Run pretty fast, to the point where I don't want to create too many threads in such a short amount of time. Plus Shenmue probably doesn't deserve this much attention. With that in mind, I think I'm just going to update this one blog post and post comments linking to the new videos. Anyways!)

Here's Part 2:

Loading Video...

In this episode: Vinny bumps into Fuku, Dan doesn’t remember this sneaking mission, and Alex can’t believe how long it takes to find that key (Parts 7 through 12)

TheMaxDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

You are doing great work

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here's Part 3:

Loading Video...

In this episode: Vinny fights a monster man, Dan sings Thunder Road, and Alex loves how much this lady sucks (Parts 13 through 18)

ChaosOrdeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is so bad I can't even sit through all of these videos. HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THIS IS A GOOD GAME?!?!?!

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I love how much this game's time-wasting broke Vinny. Also, that map from Part 2 might be my favorite part of the entire Endurance Run.

Thank you for doing these, @clagnaught. (Maybe. This is a terrible game.)

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

These are great. The back and forth between Vinny and Alex during the Fire... boy episode was one of the best things to ever grace this website.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Behold, the stunning conclusion to the Best of the Shenmue Endurance Run, which is totally not late by 10 months or anything!!

Loading Video...

Here's a recap of the glorious Legend of Shenmue so far:

Loading Video...

Thanks for watching! I think I am only going to upload the next series like this (whatever that may be) when all of the videos are done to avoid another lull like this. Anyways, Shenmue 1 was a mistake!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.