Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

A remake of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Overclocked adds an eighth day to the storyline, more demons, voice acting, and other new features.

This game still almost kicked my ass

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mrangryface

I am horribad at Devil Survivor but ok at all the other Shin Megami games :*(

Wendigo fight was balls, why so many demons? Why they keep getting extra rounds on me? I HATE MY LIFE AHHHHH

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Extra rounds are generally granted when critical strikes are scored or when an attack is used on a target weak to that attack type.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Gonmog

Yeah its a tough game but I'm loving it lol

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I'm only on Day 1 right now. Need to play it more. And yeah, this game is tough on Normal.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By dagas

According to the site the new Easy mode gives you more XP and money.

Not played Devil Survivor but SMT games are usually pretty tough and requre stratagy more than most JRPG's. I've only played the Persona games and Digital Devil Saga though and don't know how DS compares in difficulty.

General rule in SMT games is that you need to crit by using the right attacks. I don't know any other franchise where critical attacks are so important.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrangryface

This game needs Ninja Dog Mode for players like me. How much do I need to grind on free battles? I know they dont advance time but they're kinda tedious. Just seemed like I BARELY had the levels for that wendigo fight.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ervonymous

I had the most trouble with Kudlak in the original game, I don't remember the specifics of the battle but it really got on my nerves.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrangryface

Persona 3 and 4 are probably the easiest SMT games right? They seem to be the most forgiving with weaknesses and the opportunities they present...Im guessing theyre the easiest since I can actually complete them lol.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Animasta

yeah they're the easiest.

you should try Nocturne if you want a hard game though (i never really had problems with DS beyond the second day, all I had to do was grind which was kinda annoying but w/e)

Yamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yamoto

Speaking of devil survivor i just got devil survivor 2  and its fucking dope....even if i dont understand most of what is happening since my japanese is fucking terrible seems much better so far but i am only 5 hrs in

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrangryface

Yeah I have a copy of Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga games...Devil Summoner games too- I need to get crackin

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By superpow

I'm playing on easy and it's not too bad. Whenever I fail I just change my strategy my second go around and I beat them quite easily. On an unrelated note, have any of you actually seen someone with a 3DS other than yourself?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By endaround

Didn't do too much grinding with the DS version (especially compared to like Tactics Ogre or FFT). The secondary skills you get on your demons and you equip are really important (like being able to attack twice in a turn).

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By weltal

This game kicked my ass on the DS.

I just got to a point where the Story enemies where too high level and the Free Battles enemies where too high level and I just got stuck.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Flappy

Uh...If Overclocked is anything like the original, then the game should be a cakewalk for the most part.  Other than one or two boss fights(One of them being a boss rush), there wasn't much to get stuck on.  Like most SMT games, abuse the living daylights out of weaknesses.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I just made it to day 3 and the free battles were a little tricky at first. But yeah, being mindful of weaknesses or making a party for specific strengths can be useful.

I don't mind the grinding as it helps me sleep.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#17  Edited By beard_of_zeus

I'm partway through Day 2 now, the only time I had to grind much so far was so that I could beat that Wendigo fight on Day 1. Although admittedly, that fight was right after you learn how to Skill Crack, so it was good practice (at least for me) to go do a couple free battles and learn exactly how that mechanic works. The levels and skills I got from that made the fight much more manageable (as well as getting a couple demons from the auction house that were strong against ice).

BobaF3tt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BobaF3tt

Yeah dude that  Wendigo fight was terrible. This is my first venture through devil survivor and so far its awesome, I love the characters but man does it kick my ass sometimes. 

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By the_hiro_abides

The difficulty does spike occasionally. I know one fight was tough where the enemies were higher level, so after winning I ground out a few levels. Only to find out that the next few fights the enemies were at the level I was previously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.