Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Persona 3 FES Endurance Run :)

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By obinice

Hey guys, long time viewer first time poster!

So I know it's been done before, but after the brilliant Persona 4 Endurance Run (which I've just finished watching!) I decided I wanted to play Persona 3 myself. I also figured why not do my own Endurance Run? Even if nobody watches it, I get the pleasure of playing a great game and immortalising my play-through in video.

So anyway, I (Andrew) and my friend (Sean) working our way through Persona 3 can be found on the Youtubes. I hope it's cool for me to link to it even though it's my first post. I'm not much of a web-forum user, but I like to feel like I'm part of the community after following the GB videos for so long :)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL71FEC54EB1E7B035

Update: Here's the first video. Looking back on it now, the sound levels were off and we weren't as comfortable commentating a game. Good thing that all improved!

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By SonicFire

It's a bit longer than 4, to be honest. Also, I'll warn you that the FES chapter is kind of vicious and was, at the same time, quite unsatisfying (to me)

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

I've just started playing it again, about 30 hours in. Great game, but so far les enjoyable than Persona 4. I'll check out your videos :)

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alternate

The tower levels are something to grind - I played them on PSP while also watching TV - and I don't feel they would make an entertaining Let's Play.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By buft

im 35 hours into persona 3, loving that game though havent played much since the summer of arcade began :(

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hector

I'll watch. I'm in the middle of playing it for the second time.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By sixtyxcelph

Sadly, I've only just started my first playthrough, about 18 or 19 hours in.  So, I probably won't be watching, haha.  But, awesome, always supportive of something of this nature!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Nux

So far your videos are pretty good. Now I have to go play Persona 3 again, thanks.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By KowalskiManDown

So far so good, I'm glad you got somebody else in... so that it's not just one person talking. Means you get a bit of banter.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TobbRobb

Cool, maybe having someone else play it will make me finish it anytime soon. I can watch your videos while grinding :P.

Also, clicking the little chainlink next to "insert" over the post will get you cool clickable links like this

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By obinice

Ooh, boring grinds aren't fun. Maybe I'll tag non-plot-grind-only eps so people can skip them if they like :)

Thanks for the tip TobbRobb, but it's greyed out. I'm guessing I need to have made a certain number of posts before I can post real links. You guys all seem so nice though, maybe I'll have a wander through the boards!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Creamypies said:

So far so good, I'm glad you got somebody else in... so that it's not just one person talking. Means you get a bit of banter.

Yeah Endurance Runs and Let's plays are always better with two people.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cloudenvy

I just got reminded of how sucky The Answer was (the extra campaign in the FES version) because of this thread. D:

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shadows_kill

I think I finished P3 in like 120 hours? Also the extra chapter stuff isn't that great. I'd only do the standard game.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By beforet

When I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be one of those. Glad to see it aint, and I'm happy to see people in the community doing stuff like this. Welcome to the forums, mate!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Bocam

@Irvandus: They're the same fucking thing

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten

Hope you enjoy it just as much as I did playing through that game, though the Tartarus is one long and rather boring-to-look-at dungeon after a lot of hours spent in that place. Glad they changed that for 4

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

cool keep up the good work
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By C2C

Always nice seeing content from the community. I'm watching your vids right now, I'll give some constructive criticism if/when stuff occurs to me while watching.

EDIT: The commentary is really good, keep that up. Really the only hard criticism I have is the the intro sequence you have at the beginning seems unnecessary; I would just introduce the parts verbally, or just eliminate the intro all together. Aside from that I really have no complaints, the episode lengths are short and nice and the video quality is good. Keep it up.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By obinice
    @C2C said:

EDIT: The commentary is really good, keep that up. Really the only hard criticism I have is the the intro sequence you have at the beginning seems unnecessary; I would just introduce the parts verbally, or just eliminate the intro all together. Aside from that I really have no complaints, the episode lengths are short and nice and the video quality is good. Keep it up. 

I've shortened the intro from six seconds to just one from parts 7 onward, I was starting to think it was a bad idea to have it so long considering it's shown every 15 minutes or so. I do still like the idea of having it to "stamp" the videos though, which is why I just made it super short instead of removing it completely. Hope it's less annoying :)
    @Beforet said:

When I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be one of those. Glad to see it aint, and I'm happy to see people in the community doing stuff like this. Welcome to the forums, mate!

Lol, what are those?
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By beforet

@Obinice: I was referring to the "Hey, bombsquad, you should totally do an Endurance Run of [game]!" threads, which used to pop up in abundance. They are rarer now, but they still show up now and then.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By InfiniteGeass

If you were going to make another "I want an ER" thread, you could have at least pick a less obvious title for them to play.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By beforet

@InfiniteGeass: I think you misunderstand. He isn't asking for an ER, he's showcasing his own.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By droop

Reminds me I have a save of that somewhere close to the end I should play :xx

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By obinice

Oh man, I just batch rendered two videos without sharpening them first. There goes 7 hours of waiting.... XD

AP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AP3

I find that in general people who played Persona 4 before Persona 3 find it much more difficult to like. Personally, I enjoyed 3 a decent amount more than 4. The FES portion still gives me nightmares though.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By Astras

The first ps2 game you ever played ???? OMG dude????

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By obinice

Yeah, lol. My first console (besides PC) was an Xbox 360. We couldn't afford consoles before that unfortunately. Making up for it now though :D

Duff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Duff

Just started watching this and the commentary is pretty damn good! I have a save a few hours in so I think once you catch up with where I am I'll start playing along with the ER.
    Hope you make it to the end!

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Cathryn

Sweet! I may just check these out! I've been thinking about doing a P3P replay these past few days since I finished Catherine, so I might go along with you.

I'm agreeing with others that The Answer isn't really worth playing -- particularly since it's pretty well all combat and little story.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By obinice

Sorry that there's been about a weeks gap in episodes! I got a bit addicted to The Witcher on our rendering machine >< 

Also........sorry for getting lost in the town all the time looking for bookstores XD

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By obinice

Well,  6 hours of gameplay over 23 videos later, I was wondering what thoughts/constructive criticism you folks have so far?

We've gotten settled in now, so it's unlikely we'll change how we commentate and play unless you have any thoughts! :)  One thing I wanted to make sure of now that I think about it, is that we're getting the audio levels right. I keep meaning to ask what you think about that :P Seems okay to me, but worth making sure.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Red

I haven't watched any of the series yet, but I will prepare you by saying that some of the most fun I had from Persona 3 came from grinding and fusing, simply because of how incredible those higher-level Personas are, as well as how OP some of their abilities are. (I fused Personas to have Armageddon, which does max damage to every opponent at the cost of all your SP, and the same Persona had a passive ability that restores all your HP and SP after a battle). Just know that if you're trying to make your playthrough more entertaining/trying to keep out grinding bits, you'll miss out on a lot of great parts of the game.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By obinice

Hmm.....My avatar looks way better wearing a members-medal XD

Anyway....we've reached our first real boss! I'm sure there will be Persona 3 players that cringe at our "excellent" combat strategy. On the subject of OP abilities, I wand GOD HAND!

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By obinice

After a short week break, we're back with more getting lost. This time though, I've replaced the intro video (and boy, did it take me ages to cut out those flames). I was compiling a list of old games that I want to produce some videos for (Planetscape: Torment, Diablo, Neverwinter Nights, Small Soldiers, etc), and I was reminded of my first console. These new titles are based off the title screen for that game (and indeed the music is from that game).

Anybody recognise? :-D

*goes back to drooling over Hauppauge HD PVR product page*Soon my precious....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.