Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Persona 3 FES Endurance Run (Part 24-25)

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Edited By WickedCestus

Hello, everyone, this is the latest installment of our Persona 3 FES Endurance Run. We actually played two days in a row for the first time in about three months, but we still managed to get almost nothing done! We are officially three days of game time into this thing now. I've heard from sources that that's a decent amount of time.

So, ummm, we've been S. Linking with Mitsuru. I think we started doing this before the last update and just forgot to mention it, so I thought I should mention it now. We're Rank 2 with her right now, and the S. Link is actually pretty interesting. We've been taking her to different fast-food restaurants because apparently she's never tried fast food before and thinks it's pretty cool. We've got a strange feeling though that the game expected us to start this S. Link much earlier in the game. All you need to do is come first in a test in order to S. Link, and if you didn't Min/Max our skills for Charm and Courage as much as we did we probably could've done this during the myriad of mid-terms and exams we have done. I guess you could say we just weren't smart enough, both in the game with our Academics skill, and outside of the game.

Speaking of S. Links, we also had quite an interesting conversation our favourite Dying Guy, who decided to tell us about a story he is writing. It's about a pink alligator and a bird, and SPOILERS, but in a very dark turn at the end, the pink alligator accidentally eats the bird. He tries to spit it out, but when he finally throws the bird up it's already too late. And he said at the start he was trying to write a happy story to cheer him up. I don't think he's very good at this whole "book" thing.We also hung out with Mamoru, and once again had the game-bending problem of a friend complaining about not having enough money while we have over a million yens.

Interspersed throughout all this were a couple cut-scenes of our party members talking about the choice we are going to have to make. First, Akihiko and Ken talked about the dead people they like, and then deciding they are going to fight. Fuuka and Junpei also had a conversation about this, but I feel that there's was a bit more exciting. Junpei was sitting where Chidori once sat, and looking in her sketchbook, when Fuuka came up and they started talking. Now, this wasn't that notable until Junpei breaks out with an F BOMB. Yeah, he was all like, "'f' that...". Something about his delivery caught me off guard, as well as the quotation marks the game put around "f". Then, at the end, Junpei said to Fuuka, "Let's fight." This also caught me off-guard, and I was very confused until I realized they were talking about fighting Nyx, and not each other.

Then Christmas happened! We spent Christmas with Yukari, because she's still our favourite. We hung out, and it was Christmas! Whoooooo! I still find it interesting how much different Christmas is in Japan then over here, where they celebrate Christmas Eve as a sort-of Valentine's Day, and don't even care about Christmas Day for the most part. Interesting, I say.

So, the day before New Year's Eve, Aigis comes crashing back into the dorm (not literally) after being repaired. She tells us that we should kill Ryoji, because then we can all be happy! But, everyone peer-pressured her into not killing him, so it all worked out. Also, I think we're going to be able to S. Link with her soon, since she's becoming a lot more human. The next day, it was New Year's Eve, and so everyone sat down to discuss. Turns out, no one wants to kill Ryoji, and everyone wants to fight the New York Nyx, which lead us to believe that we probably wouldn't get to make the actual choice in the end.

But, in fact, we did have to. Mitsuru smartly decided to send us to talk to Ryoji, which makes sense since we are the only one who doesn't speak. But, if you start thinking like that, you break the whole game, so let's get off that train. Anyways, we went into our bedroom to talk to Ryoji, and the game popped up and said, "HEY BRO DO YOU WANT TO KILL HIM YES OR NO" and we picked "NO I DO NOT". This makes me incredibly curious what will happen if we had gone the other way, but hey, I guess that's what New Game Plus is for. Ryoji didn't like our answer though, and he tried to convince us to change our minds by changing into Death right in the middle of our room. The juxtaposition of us and this big-ass monster man standing in our little room was actually pretty funny, and also made me realize that the ceiling in our room must be pretty damn high. It was then that Levi reminded me of the fact that he looks exactly like that Persona we summoned at the beginning of the game, which was some pretty cool foreshadowing.

After that, I don't even think we got the chance to go back and talk to our buddies again, it just skipped straight to the next day, which was New Year's Day. There was a big festival at the shrine, where there were like three stalls, and about three people standing around. It was sick! All our lady friends were wearing kimonos, which guys in Japan seem to love, even though they actually aren't that revealing at all. It doesn't make sense to me. The funniest bit was when Ken asked them if they were naked under their kimonos, afterwards saying that Junpei had told him to say it. Ah, good ol' Junpei. Then, we got a chance to run aroung and talk to all our party members, and they all said things like "Hey, I think fighting Nyx might be hard, but I'll do it anyways!" The best part was the music that played during, because it completely didn't fit what we were doing. They have this really dramatic, slow music playing as we run around a festival and talk to party members about pretty much nothing. I find this especially sad because we probably will never get to hear this song again for the rest of the game, and this song is awesome.

Oh yeah, did I mention that we got our SEES S. Rank to Max? Well, we did. But it doesn't really matter, because the game pulled the same thing Persona 4 did, by just starting a new S. Link that is exactly the same except for the name. This one is called the "Nyx Annihilation Team" S. Link, and it is nowhere near as well implemented as Persona 4's "Seekers of the Truth" one was, and I will tell you why very soon.

Obviously, because this is still a video game, a new block of Tartarus opened up. We have until the 31st to get up to the top, and fight the final boss and WIN THE GAME. This block is all icy, probably because it's really high up like a mountain. That's the only sense I could make of it. Sadly, this block won't be a complete cake-walk, because there arefive whole bosses in it. And here's where the terrible S. Linking comes into play. It pops up EVERYWHERE. As soon, as we discover where a boss is, "HEY S LINK", once we beat the boss, "HEY S LINK". We have already got all the way to Rank 5 in about an hour.

If you know math, you may have figured out that we managed to defeat two bosses during this hour. So, maybe this will be a cake-walk after all. Nothing particularly interesting happened during these boss fights, except for one thing. So, something particularly interesting did happen during these fights, I was just lying to you. What happened was that we managed to find yet another hidden power of Fuuka's, by poking around in the game's retarded menus. If we go to Tactics during battle, and try to tell Fuuka to do something, she has a special spell we can do called Oracle. We decided to try it out right away, because we didn't know what it did, and it sounded cool. What happens is she drops this glowing ball of energy from the sky and it lands in the middle of the field with an explosion. We though, "Awesome! This'll do a ton of damage!", but in reality all it does is restore all our party members to full health. Oh wait, that's pretty cool also. This makes on of our items (which we happen to have a decent amount of) completely obsolete, because this does the same thing, but doesn't even waste any of our actual turns. It was pretty cool, and made us realize once again that we kind of suck at this game.

So, yeah, there we are. 74 hours in, and still learning how to use basic moves. Goodbye, everyone!    

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By WickedCestus

Hello, everyone, this is the latest installment of our Persona 3 FES Endurance Run. We actually played two days in a row for the first time in about three months, but we still managed to get almost nothing done! We are officially three days of game time into this thing now. I've heard from sources that that's a decent amount of time.

So, ummm, we've been S. Linking with Mitsuru. I think we started doing this before the last update and just forgot to mention it, so I thought I should mention it now. We're Rank 2 with her right now, and the S. Link is actually pretty interesting. We've been taking her to different fast-food restaurants because apparently she's never tried fast food before and thinks it's pretty cool. We've got a strange feeling though that the game expected us to start this S. Link much earlier in the game. All you need to do is come first in a test in order to S. Link, and if you didn't Min/Max our skills for Charm and Courage as much as we did we probably could've done this during the myriad of mid-terms and exams we have done. I guess you could say we just weren't smart enough, both in the game with our Academics skill, and outside of the game.

Speaking of S. Links, we also had quite an interesting conversation our favourite Dying Guy, who decided to tell us about a story he is writing. It's about a pink alligator and a bird, and SPOILERS, but in a very dark turn at the end, the pink alligator accidentally eats the bird. He tries to spit it out, but when he finally throws the bird up it's already too late. And he said at the start he was trying to write a happy story to cheer him up. I don't think he's very good at this whole "book" thing.We also hung out with Mamoru, and once again had the game-bending problem of a friend complaining about not having enough money while we have over a million yens.

Interspersed throughout all this were a couple cut-scenes of our party members talking about the choice we are going to have to make. First, Akihiko and Ken talked about the dead people they like, and then deciding they are going to fight. Fuuka and Junpei also had a conversation about this, but I feel that there's was a bit more exciting. Junpei was sitting where Chidori once sat, and looking in her sketchbook, when Fuuka came up and they started talking. Now, this wasn't that notable until Junpei breaks out with an F BOMB. Yeah, he was all like, "'f' that...". Something about his delivery caught me off guard, as well as the quotation marks the game put around "f". Then, at the end, Junpei said to Fuuka, "Let's fight." This also caught me off-guard, and I was very confused until I realized they were talking about fighting Nyx, and not each other.

Then Christmas happened! We spent Christmas with Yukari, because she's still our favourite. We hung out, and it was Christmas! Whoooooo! I still find it interesting how much different Christmas is in Japan then over here, where they celebrate Christmas Eve as a sort-of Valentine's Day, and don't even care about Christmas Day for the most part. Interesting, I say.

So, the day before New Year's Eve, Aigis comes crashing back into the dorm (not literally) after being repaired. She tells us that we should kill Ryoji, because then we can all be happy! But, everyone peer-pressured her into not killing him, so it all worked out. Also, I think we're going to be able to S. Link with her soon, since she's becoming a lot more human. The next day, it was New Year's Eve, and so everyone sat down to discuss. Turns out, no one wants to kill Ryoji, and everyone wants to fight the New York Nyx, which lead us to believe that we probably wouldn't get to make the actual choice in the end.

But, in fact, we did have to. Mitsuru smartly decided to send us to talk to Ryoji, which makes sense since we are the only one who doesn't speak. But, if you start thinking like that, you break the whole game, so let's get off that train. Anyways, we went into our bedroom to talk to Ryoji, and the game popped up and said, "HEY BRO DO YOU WANT TO KILL HIM YES OR NO" and we picked "NO I DO NOT". This makes me incredibly curious what will happen if we had gone the other way, but hey, I guess that's what New Game Plus is for. Ryoji didn't like our answer though, and he tried to convince us to change our minds by changing into Death right in the middle of our room. The juxtaposition of us and this big-ass monster man standing in our little room was actually pretty funny, and also made me realize that the ceiling in our room must be pretty damn high. It was then that Levi reminded me of the fact that he looks exactly like that Persona we summoned at the beginning of the game, which was some pretty cool foreshadowing.

After that, I don't even think we got the chance to go back and talk to our buddies again, it just skipped straight to the next day, which was New Year's Day. There was a big festival at the shrine, where there were like three stalls, and about three people standing around. It was sick! All our lady friends were wearing kimonos, which guys in Japan seem to love, even though they actually aren't that revealing at all. It doesn't make sense to me. The funniest bit was when Ken asked them if they were naked under their kimonos, afterwards saying that Junpei had told him to say it. Ah, good ol' Junpei. Then, we got a chance to run aroung and talk to all our party members, and they all said things like "Hey, I think fighting Nyx might be hard, but I'll do it anyways!" The best part was the music that played during, because it completely didn't fit what we were doing. They have this really dramatic, slow music playing as we run around a festival and talk to party members about pretty much nothing. I find this especially sad because we probably will never get to hear this song again for the rest of the game, and this song is awesome.

Oh yeah, did I mention that we got our SEES S. Rank to Max? Well, we did. But it doesn't really matter, because the game pulled the same thing Persona 4 did, by just starting a new S. Link that is exactly the same except for the name. This one is called the "Nyx Annihilation Team" S. Link, and it is nowhere near as well implemented as Persona 4's "Seekers of the Truth" one was, and I will tell you why very soon.

Obviously, because this is still a video game, a new block of Tartarus opened up. We have until the 31st to get up to the top, and fight the final boss and WIN THE GAME. This block is all icy, probably because it's really high up like a mountain. That's the only sense I could make of it. Sadly, this block won't be a complete cake-walk, because there arefive whole bosses in it. And here's where the terrible S. Linking comes into play. It pops up EVERYWHERE. As soon, as we discover where a boss is, "HEY S LINK", once we beat the boss, "HEY S LINK". We have already got all the way to Rank 5 in about an hour.

If you know math, you may have figured out that we managed to defeat two bosses during this hour. So, maybe this will be a cake-walk after all. Nothing particularly interesting happened during these boss fights, except for one thing. So, something particularly interesting did happen during these fights, I was just lying to you. What happened was that we managed to find yet another hidden power of Fuuka's, by poking around in the game's retarded menus. If we go to Tactics during battle, and try to tell Fuuka to do something, she has a special spell we can do called Oracle. We decided to try it out right away, because we didn't know what it did, and it sounded cool. What happens is she drops this glowing ball of energy from the sky and it lands in the middle of the field with an explosion. We though, "Awesome! This'll do a ton of damage!", but in reality all it does is restore all our party members to full health. Oh wait, that's pretty cool also. This makes on of our items (which we happen to have a decent amount of) completely obsolete, because this does the same thing, but doesn't even waste any of our actual turns. It was pretty cool, and made us realize once again that we kind of suck at this game.

So, yeah, there we are. 74 hours in, and still learning how to use basic moves. Goodbye, everyone!    

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @supermike6:  Don't rely too much on Oracle, because it can drop everyone's health to 1 too.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WickedCestus
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " @supermike6:  Don't rely too much on Oracle, because it can drop everyone's health to 1 too. "
    That seems terrible! Why didn't they tell me about this!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.