Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Persona 3: FES on Amazon for $20

Sniipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sniipe

I'm so enamored with the Endurance Run that I just have to get myself a copy of Persona 3.  I'd been obsessively checking Amazon wanting to get the game but not wanting to waste $30 on a third party seller (the cheapest).  Apparently while I was sleeping Amazon got it new at $20.  So I want to buy it, and I'm so impatient I'll get One-Day Shipping for only 5 extra dollars, bringing it to $29.97 with tax and shipping.  Possibly because...
      I have a question.  I'd played a few hours of P3Fes when I got it from GameFly, but on many loading screens the game would freeze for up to an hour on my backwards compatible 80g PS3.  I wasn't sure if this was a bad copy from GameFly or my PS3, as only about 2 people seemed to be having this problem online.  I still bet it was my system and I hear that normal ol' P3 might work better.  Are the upgrades FES made enough to make me risk buying a dud?  NOTE: Neither game is supposed to have issues on the compatability list.

Sniipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sniipe

I'm so enamored with the Endurance Run that I just have to get myself a copy of Persona 3.  I'd been obsessively checking Amazon wanting to get the game but not wanting to waste $30 on a third party seller (the cheapest).  Apparently while I was sleeping Amazon got it new at $20.  So I want to buy it, and I'm so impatient I'll get One-Day Shipping for only 5 extra dollars, bringing it to $29.97 with tax and shipping.  Possibly because...
      I have a question.  I'd played a few hours of P3Fes when I got it from GameFly, but on many loading screens the game would freeze for up to an hour on my backwards compatible 80g PS3.  I wasn't sure if this was a bad copy from GameFly or my PS3, as only about 2 people seemed to be having this problem online.  I still bet it was my system and I hear that normal ol' P3 might work better.  Are the upgrades FES made enough to make me risk buying a dud?  NOTE: Neither game is supposed to have issues on the compatability list.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

Sounds like a corrupted save.  Those things happen even on the 60 gig.  If you decide to take the plunge, you may want to create a clean virtual memory card for your games.  Keep several running and don't just keep saving over the same one.

Sniipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sniipe

I went ahead and got FES and it seems that you were exactly right, and I'm taking your advice on multiple virtual memory cards.  Thanks for the help, and it's a great game!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust
    @Sniipe:  Excellent.  I know you'll have a good time with the game.  And there are lots of people on GB who have strong opinions on P3 FES, and enjoy sharing them.  Soon, you'll be one of them :-D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.