Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Question about the ending of this game (no spoilers)

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xMrSunshine

Does this game have the same kind of thing with the endings as P4 where it wants you to do/pick some specific things? Do I need to be really careful and specific about something so I don't miss the true ending by accident? Does this game even have a true ending or multiple endings? No spoilers please, I'm only some 40 hours into the game.

I hope someone sees this and can answer because I'm afraid of spoiling the end if I go googling for this myself. I already did that for Kotor 1 when googling for advice on some sidequest and maaaan was I bummed when one of the bigger plot twists in video games got spoiled.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ghostiet

Not really. There are essentially two endings and the routes are pretty clear.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadoken101

If I remember right there's only one choice that affects the ending. Just choose not to do "it", what "it" is will become pretty obvious when it asks you.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No. There are two distinct endings and they're extremely clear, chosen by a dialogue choice.

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xMrSunshine

Sweet. Thanks for the answers.

I always thought that P4's way of handling the ending was about the worst way to go about it. Unless Jeff and Vinny made it seems like a way more obscure thing than it actually is. Having to suddenly pick the one right choice from multiple dialog options seems like a sure way to get most of the people who play your game to miss what is the true ending and a pretty major twist on the whole story and what the whole game meant. Especially since in the past 100 hours you spent with the game the dialog options really didn't mean anything and in some spots they even hardly changed the dialog that comes right after them. Good to hear P3 doesn't pull the same trick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.