Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Save file gone

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

So I have been playing Persona 3 Fes for the past few weeks (on my PS3 and not the downloadble PS2 classic one, this was off the disc) and 50+ hours in, my save is gone. I have no idea at all what happened and just feel destroyed. If anyone at all has any advice then please let me know since I really dont want to play everything again... :(

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Womp womp

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By davidwitten22

That really does suck. I'm only 15 or so hours in at the moment, but I can understand the pain you feel. Did you ever play Legend of Dragoon? I accidentally deleted my save file as soon as I got to the fourth disc, it was completely crushing. I never got that far in the game ever again, and I regret that. Your thread is making me consider going back and actually beating that game. It's been at least 10 years since that fateful day, I'm going to go recapture my childhood.

You should give it a couple days and then start over. I have the downloadable version (have it for Ps2 as well, but my ps3 isn't backwards compatible and the convenience of having it on Ps3 was worth spending another ten bucks on it.) so I don't think I could send you my save file or anything, but I'm not sure if you'd want that. The whole point of Persona is that its your social links, your persona fusions and your quests.

Good luck man, sorry about that :(

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

This has been a known issue for a while. The only advice available is to keep 2 copies of your save file and keep a previous save file as well. A little too late for you now though.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you playing on a PS2 or are you emulating?

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah: I am playing it on my PS3 but off the disc.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 has multiple emulated memory cards, doesn't it? Maybe the save is on one of the other fake cards?

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah said:

@noobsauceg7 said:

PS3 has multiple emulated memory cards, doesn't it? Maybe the save is on one of the other fake cards?

I didnt switch memory cards and I see the data there, but I cant copy it to other memory cards. Still heartbroken but am just going to run through it quickly to where I was before.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By crusader8463

I feel your pain. I was playing that game super hardcore and getting everything I could along the way. Then like 4-5 hours from the end my PS3 that I had just bought like a month before for $300 YLOD on me with the dam game disk in the machine and I couldn't get it out. A call to Sony tech support and another $300 later I had my PS3 "fixed" -I'm pretty sure they just exchanged it with a new one as the case was perfect and had no scratches on it when it came back- and all of my save files were gone. To this day I don't know how that game ends and I didn't enjoy it enough to want to put all those hours back into it. I think I was like 50-80+ hours in when it died iirc.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If I remember correctly some PS2 games have a problem with the PS3's emulated PS2 memory cards. Persona 3 is one of those games, at least the downloadable version does. I had my file go corrupt WHILE playing the game. Sucks man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.