Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

So... do you NOT get to control the chracters individually?

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

There was a time I really loved JRPG. And I just stopped because well... let's just say I changed my game taste.

So today, I say Personal 3 FES. Heard it was a great game, loved the Persona 4 Endurance Run. why not?

And then... I realized you cannot control the characters individually other than the main character. 

Is that how it's gonna play out through the whole time? or is there a secret options that I cannot find?

cause... I'm kinda not digging that....

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Moztacular

Thats the way it is. They gave you full control in P4 after people asked for it from P3. The PSP version of P3 that is coming out someday is gonna have full control. I played P3 and THEN P4 over the summer, and didn't mind it. Made things a little easier I thought since you only needed to worry about what you were doin and just give some simple commands every now and then to your squad. Plus P3 has a better story, but more redundant dungeon crawling.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PureRok
    @moztacular said:
    " Thats the way it is. They gave you full control in P4 after people asked for it from P3. The PSP version of P3 that is coming out someday is gonna have full control. I played P3 and THEN P4 over the summer, and didn't mind it. Made things a little easier I thought since you only needed to worry about what you were doin and just give some simple commands every now and then to your squad. Plus P3 has a better story, but more redundant dungeon crawling. "
    P3 had a better story!? Really? Are you serious? It was one of the most cliched things ever. The whole thing could be seen from a mile away.
    Eyepatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Eyepatch
    @PureRok said:
    " @moztacular said:
    " Thats the way it is. They gave you full control in P4 after people asked for it from P3. The PSP version of P3 that is coming out someday is gonna have full control. I played P3 and THEN P4 over the summer, and didn't mind it. Made things a little easier I thought since you only needed to worry about what you were doin and just give some simple commands every now and then to your squad. Plus P3 has a better story, but more redundant dungeon crawling. "
    P3 had a better story!? Really? Are you serious? It was one of the most cliched things ever. The whole thing could be seen from a mile away. "
    Seriously, I mean I totally saw the 

from a mile away!

Wait... what?
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's not as bad as it seems, although you do have to micromanage a bit, which is a pain in the ass. The main character does most of the damage anyways. Alternativley, if you have a PSP you could wait for Persona 3 Portable to come out, which does have direct control and a bunch of other features from P4. 

As for the story, I think that P3 and P4 are mirrors, in that P3 is kind of predictable until the surprisingly awesome ending (too bad they ruined it with The Answer), while Persona 4 has a great story, but the ending is kind of lame and fails to justify itself very well.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Moztacular
    @PureRok: Yeah I'm serious, and I know I'm not the only one to have that OPINION about the stories. I think P3 and P4 (obviously) complement each other very well, so when I think about what I enjoyed about those games it's usually bits and pieces from both.

and @Eyepatch:  PS: I didn't play The Answer because I heard the ending to the main game of P3 was fine the way it was, and once I  youtubed/read up on what I "missed" i was glad i took a pass!
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#7  Edited By vigorousjammer

Now all we need is P5! It can surely give us the best elements of both games, yes? let's hope!

Also, aside from the cutscenes, Persona 3 PSP is being done in the same graphic style as Persona 1 PSP... soooo... that's kind of a downgrade from the fully 3D graphics on the PS2... 

I'm kind of conflicted, though... never having played P3 or P3:FES on the PS2, I feel like the change to the graphics might not bother me as much... especially seeign as how they have the multiple character control, and additional features...

Honestly, I'd just like P3:FES Super Special Edition to come out on the ps2... with all of these added new features, and the same level or possibly enhanced graphics from P3:FES

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By dietmango

Persona 3 and 4 both had great storylines and their share of ups and downs. Overall though, I prefer Persona 4 because of the characters that really make the game so special and memorable. Persona 3 was kind of the same way, but they didn't have that much impact as P4's characters did--at least for me. Then there's the epic P3 ending, and the lackluster P4 ending. It sucked that you couldn't control your characters in P3, but I liked the challenge. Whereas P4 sort of streamlined the gameplay mechanics (control your whole party) and not as hard as P3, etc. etc. So there's lots of things to like about both games. Like some of you have already said, both games complement each other well.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Moztacular
    @Vigorousjammer: Yeah I already have P3 FES but I'm hoping they release the PSP version onto the PS3 network or something, since I dont have a PSP.  I'd really like to go back through P3 sometime in the near future and it'd be great to have some new features.
    dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By dietmango
    @Vigorousjammer said:
    " Now all we need is P5! It can surely give us the best elements of both games, yes? let's hope!  Also, aside from the cutscenes, Persona 3 PSP is being done in the same graphic style as Persona 1 PSP... soooo... that's kind of a downgrade from the fully 3D graphics on the PS2...  I'm kind of conflicted, though... never having played P3 or P3:FES on the PS2, I feel like the change to the graphics might not bother me as much... especially seeign as how they have the multiple character control, and additional features...  Honestly, I'd just like P3:FES Super Special Edition to come out on the ps2... with all of these added new features, and the same level or possibly enhanced graphics from P3:FES "
    I'm kind of hoping they'd do that, but at the same time, I really just want them to focus on Persona 5 right now. Wonder if Atlus is planning a PS3 exclusive, 360, or both..
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PureRok
    @Eyepatch said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " @moztacular said:
    P3 had a better story!? Really? Are you serious? It was one of the most cliched things ever. The whole thing could be seen from a mile away. "
    Seriously, I mean I totally saw the 

from a mile away!  Wait... what? "
    I did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.