Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

What tactic did you use to beat death?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Catolf

I got really REALLY close (by means I got him half way down in life) My party was Akihiko (might have been a bad idea sense death kept hitting his weakness every 3 seconds!) Junpei and Aigis. I had Junpei buffing and myself on heal/de-buffing death aking junpei off buffing when I was tapped off, same with Aigis, we were doing pretty boss until I ran out of SP and tried to tap off, which meant I couldn't heal (i didn't have the SP to do so) and boom, dead.

I was a little dissapointed but I'm pretty damn proud of myself for getting him that far on a crackpot of a try. (I decided to go for it because well... i was bored XD) I had no real plan of action, but I figured I'd ask what tactic did you use to defeat him.

I'm Lvl 92 right now Party is high 80's (near 90 this means everyone) when i fought death I was 80 and party was high 70's. I figure I could grind it out in monad (which i am doing) and try again to get that bloody button and feel like a champ XD...

Anyway.. no more rambling, what tactic did you use?

OH and I have Susano-O (which I used pretty much for the whole fight)

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

Thunder reign to make him dizzy, then 2 standard attacks, then do nothing.

Rinse and repeat!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Catolf
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Thunder reign to make him dizzy, then 2 standard attacks, then do nothing.  Rinse and repeat! "
    You know, that seems to be the tactic everyone is fond of. Isn't it Ares who has it?
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By scarace360

a good old fashion ass whoopin

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189
    @Catolf said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " Thunder reign to make him dizzy, then 2 standard attacks, then do nothing.  Rinse and repeat! "
    You know, that seems to be the tactic everyone is fond of. Isn't it Ares who has it? "
    If I remember correctly. Death isn't that hard, I just cheesed him to get into the underground area for fast levels
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Catolf
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    You know, that seems to be the tactic everyone is fond of. Isn't it Ares who has it? "
    If I remember correctly. Death isn't that hard, I just cheesed him to get into the underground area for fast levels "
    Oh no, he wasn't really as hard as I thought, I just ran out of SP before I could get him down more in life. But man he targeted Akihiko like no one's business.
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By babblinmule
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    If I remember correctly. Death isn't that hard, I just cheesed him to get into the underground area for fast levels "
    I think Odin had it too, which is what i used to beat him. Or at least he did in P3 FES.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Catolf
    @babblinmule said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    I think Odin had it too, which is what i used to beat him. Or at least he did in P3 FES. "
    I may have to try Odin, I can't get Ares to have it, is it a learned move or a fusion move?
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

Run like a bitch? Actually I don't remember the tactic I used.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By andrela

cast bufu

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Catolf
    @c1337us said:

" Run like a bitch? Actually I don't remember the tactic I used. "

I want to kill him not run! I need a bloody button XD

@Andrela said:

" cast bufu "

So add Mitsuru to the party? Is Mabufudyne sufficient? XD
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catolf

Well.. I beat death! 2 mins flat without using much other than having Aigis buff the party and me de-buff death everything else was just normal attacks.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB
    @Catolf said:
    " Well.. I beat death! 2 mins flat without using much other than having Aigis buff the party and me de-buff death everything else was just normal attacks. "
    Congrats! My strategy was to watch a youtube video and run like fuck whenever Mitsuru/Fuuka sensed death was near. Haven't encountered him in P3P yet, but that's only because I know better than to even try taking him on.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Catolf
    @AndrewB said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " Well.. I beat death! 2 mins flat without using much other than having Aigis buff the party and me de-buff death everything else was just normal attacks. "
    Congrats! My strategy was to watch a youtube video and run like fuck whenever Mitsuru/Fuuka sensed death was near. Haven't encountered him in P3P yet, but that's only because I know better than to even try taking him on. "
    XD funny thing is within an HOUR of going into tartarus for the first time with Fuuka, death showed. Not even joking. it ALWAYS happens whenever I leave the game sitting (while int he tower without 'pausing' with triangle) it never fails.. 15 mins of no movement.. DEATH IS NEAR.

Usually i'll forget to hit the triangle while I walk my dogs or do a little watering XD
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpiralStairs

Armageddon. Cheap I know, but it was NG+.... I was just testing it out.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndrewB
    @Catolf: That's because it's actually based on how long you stay on any one particular floor. It's kind of a way to keep you from staying on one floor and grinding forever.  And yeah, I've totally forgotten to pause the game a number of times, only to come back just in time for the "death is near" line. Then it becomes a survival-horror game as I make for the nearest exit before he can reach me.  

Ah, video games where a mini-boss is infinitely more powerful than the game's final boss...
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thehexeditor

Death scares the crap out of me.
    The sound of those chains rattling *shudder*

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By ReyGitano
    @babblinmule said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    I think Odin had it too, which is what i used to beat him. Or at least he did in P3 FES. "
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @AndrewB: there's also the secret boss at the top of the monad block
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AndrewB
    @SpiralStairs: Yeah, I never did get to see that extra level. Maybe P3P will be my chance (assuming it's still there).
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Catolf
    @AndrewB said:
    " @Catolf: That's because it's actually based on how long you stay on any one particular floor. It's kind of a way to keep you from staying on one floor and grinding forever.  And yeah, I've totally forgotten to pause the game a number of times, only to come back just in time for the "death is near" line. Then it becomes a survival-horror game as I make for the nearest exit before he can reach me.   Ah, video games where a mini-boss is infinitely more powerful than the game's final boss... "
    XD I grind too much, i used to run into death at least 4 times when i would grind for a month in tartarus.

@thehexeditor said:
    " Death scares the crap out of me. The sound of those chains rattling *shudder* "

Used to scare the crap out of me too, until I got the 90's, then he was a cakewalk.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.