Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

New game plus

HalfSunkBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HalfSunkBoat

Hey guys,

I bought Persona 3 Portable back when it first game out and;I kinda flew through it just recently (if you can call 70 hours flying through) and now I want to go through new game plus. Once I got through the tutorial stuff and into the dungeon I noticed all of the shadows already had the sweat marks above their heads; I also noticed I was only getting around 6 exp. I was wondering if you have to do more grinding in NGP or if the exp dealt out to my team was higher than what i was getting on the main character.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By dethfish

I actually just started New Game Plus myself, but I'm pretty sure each member of your party gets exp relative to their level.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rubberluffy

@halim51:

P3FES (and I assume P3P) carries over the MC's level, unlike P4. I remember doing NG+ in FES and starting at like level 83. Did you not check that? I believe all the enemies are set levels no matter what so the first floor dungeon should still be like level 2 or whatever.

Of course I haven't played FES in a few years and haven't beaten P3P yet.

HalfSunkBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HalfSunkBoat

That's what I was hoping. If that isn't the case I don't know if I would have the motivation to go through it again.

HalfSunkBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HalfSunkBoat

@rubberluffy: No, no, i know that. I didn't know if you're main character being at such a high level effected the rest of the parties exp though.

MCFunkyStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MCFunkyStudent

@halim51: Yes, the level of you're protagonist carries over from your first play through as well as the persona compendium, money, and I believe equipment.

Also, if I remember correctly, a new, high-level dungeon opens up almost immediately for you to grind out your party member's levels.

Also, your parties exp is relative to your level, assuming they are fighting with you.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Wemibelle

@halim51: I just tested this and your party members definitely receive more EXP than the results screen tells you. It probably varies depending on their levels but at the point I'm at right now (in August in game), they are getting 4x as much as it shows.

Avatar image for spunkydragonwithdeadlylegs
    SpunkyDragonwithDeadlyLegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

once you get to NG+ just head to Monad no matter what. find the easy enemies like the sands of time that are weak to physical. make sure to equip all the strongest stuff to yukari and junpei that you should have from your last game. this will keep them alive. now try to knock all of them down then see who gets the turn after you. if junpei goes before the enemies do go for the aoa but if not attack whatever enemy attacks next to make it dizzy or the magarudyne will kill you since junpei is weak to it. if you survive them you'll level junpei and yukari to like 24 right there and you'll be totally ready for any of the bosses. i ended up one shot rushing the priestess lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.