Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Persona Fusion; Social Link Importance

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iDarktread

I'm about five hours in and really loving it, but I'm not sure, like the title says, how important Social Link bonuses are when fusing to unlock new Personas. 

For example, I currently have the ability to upgrade my Nekomata Persona to Omoikane, Forneus, or Alp. However, when I proceed to upgrade to any of those choices, I get a warning that I haven't yet established a Social Link that corresponds to the new Persona. Should I wait until I gain the correct Social Link to upgrade to these Personas to get the bonus, or would I be better off going ahead on with the upgrade to strengthen my character sooner rather than later? Since I'm still early in the game, I think I've only opened up three or four Social Links.

gazingout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gazingout

You have to adjust with the shadows you are currently encountering,or adjust with the overall squad balance. If Junpei has Agi, and Yukari Garu, a Persona with Zio or Bufu (inherited from their parental Personas or natural ability from the get-go) can complement them, with or without S-Link boost  . A Persona that can absorb electricity is a Persona that can absorb electricity, with or without S-Link boost.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

You can upgrade if you want. You might not even see some of the links for a bit. What I do is if the persona seems really good (regardless of my social link status) then I make it and pull out any of the ones I used that I still want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.