Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Trouble getting into P3P

modeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By modeps

I picked up P3P because I've heard great things about the series and honestly, I'm having some trouble getting into it. The whole Tartarus section seems really dumb, and if that's the meat of the game, I think I may bow out gracefully now instead of continuing on.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Catolf

that's up to you, I don't think Tartarus was the greatest thing ever but it never put me off. First how long have you been playing?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mutha3
    @modeps said:

" I picked up P3P because I've heard great things about the series and honestly, I'm having some trouble getting into it. The whole Tartarus section seems really dumb, and if that's the meat of the game, I think I may bow out gracefully now instead of continuing on. "

If the Tartarus/easiness is the only thing bothering you, watch the Endurance Run/play Persona 4 if you you don't like the game for its S-link portion, then don't bother with P4. Otherwise, yeah, I agree. Fuck Tartarus. No idea what got into the developers by making one repetitive, poorly generated dungeon.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By luce

You should bow out while you still can.

It doesn't really get much better than that if you don't like the S-links

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm playing it on very easy so I know all the mechanics and the next game I play will be on normal. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and I know now for my second play through I have to grind in Tartarus and establish the S links I like. If you don't like grinding this game is not for you. 

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SpiralStairs

Tartarus pretty much makes 50% of the game.

I loved it though, and this is one of the few times I've ever looked forward to grinding.

nintendoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By nintendoll

I'm a sucker for level grinding. My first playthrough on normal racked up 130 hours. I'm starting over as a lady this time; but I'm not doing New Game+ because I want to see all the Social Links events. I am using the "Working Girl" walkthrough though so I can max the stats and Social links on my first run. The differences in the two versions are pretty cool; you get to know Junpei a little better in the female version :D      

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.