Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Whats your fav boss fight (spoilers)?

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By chickdigger802

For some reason I really enjoyed that fight in the hotel. Probably the only boss that ever wiped my team out ={

Stupid lucky move that charmed the entire party =(

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By raviolisumo

I haven't had any problems with the Full Moon bosses. Maybe I just over level. It's always the sub bosses in tartarus that give me any trouble. Favorite was the full moon boss that is fought in the underground area. Splitting was a pain at first but it wasn't actually too difficult.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Nyx of course. Probably one of the most interesting boss fights I've ever encountered in a game. Awesome music too. I'm trying to beat Theodore but that's pretty impossible so far.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Cathryn

I'm pretty partial to the love hotel boss fight myself -- especially in the FeMC route if you take Akihiko.

And also, Nyx.  Even though I've always been overleveled for the Nyx fight and it's always a bit easy, I've always thought it was interesting.

Soren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Soren

The Chidori boss fight, just because it was so hilariously easy no matter what mode you play on.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#6  Edited By donutfever

Nyx.  For just Full Moons, Fortune and the one you fight with it.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By ReyGitano

My favorite one is the Roulette Wheel. It was fun to use that thing for an easy fight.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Catolf
    @SlashseveN303 said:
    " My favorite one is the Roulette Wheel. It was fun to use that thing for an easy fight. "
    While I didn't think it was easy, i liked the look of it. Fav boss, but I've not reached nyx yet, so I'm sure once that happens Nyx will steal the show.
    TayIor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By TayIor

Nyx, of course, is my favourite boss.
    The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... etc etc. Really, I thought Nyx was a great final boss, even if it wasn't too challenging. Maybe I was overleveled? It did get difficult near the end, however, Night Queen made things pretty ugly...
    Also, the music was Goddamn amazing. Holy shit do I love the music that was playing.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SpiralStairs

Nyx, nothing more satisfying than dealing the last hit, sitting back and watching the awesome scenes that follow.

The hotel was tough too. And the one with the tank.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " Nyx, nothing more satisfying than dealing the last hit, sitting back and watching the awesome scenes that follow.  The hotel was tough too. And the one with the tank. "
    I totally just did the Hotel one on Rush mode. I only stopped once to to take charm off of Yukari, the whole fight took about a minute XD
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " Nyx, nothing more satisfying than dealing the last hit, sitting back and watching the awesome scenes that follow.  The hotel was tough too. And the one with the tank. "
    I totally just did the Hotel one on Rush mode. I only stopped once to to take charm off of Yukari, the whole fight took about a minute XD "
    I think I just rushed into the second fight without taking time to fully heal since I didn't expect it :P
    It charmed half of my party and then took me out before I even got a chance to strike D:
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By c1337us

Nyx for me. One of the better bosses of encountered.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    I totally just did the Hotel one on Rush mode. I only stopped once to to take charm off of Yukari, the whole fight took about a minute XD "
    I think I just rushed into the second fight without taking time to fully heal since I didn't expect it :P It charmed half of my party and then took me out before I even got a chance to strike D: "
    Owch.

I'm kinda a wary player, I try and over level myself (i was near 30 when I went in) and then I just rushed it once I saw how much damage everyone can do with the boss having no reflect or anything I just went to it. I think it helps in P3P with having those people you have to save it gets you back int he dungen nice and frequent to make sure your lvled up enough.

Is that exclusive to p3p tho? I haven't played FES yet...
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    I think I just rushed into the second fight without taking time to fully heal since I didn't expect it :P It charmed half of my party and then took me out before I even got a chance to strike D: "
    Owch.  I'm kinda a wary player, I try and over level myself (i was near 30 when I went in) and then I just rushed it once I saw how much damage everyone can do with the boss having no reflect or anything I just went to it. I think it helps in P3P with having those people you have to save it gets you back int he dungen nice and frequent to make sure your lvled up enough.  Is that exclusive to p3p tho? I haven't played FES yet... "
    Yup, that's not in FES. I haven't played P3P, so some of the bosses probably differ in difficulty as well.

I get what you're saying about overleveling though. I spent about 5 or more hours grinding before the final boss fight. If only I had known about the monad block, I could've have done all that grinding in minutes, but I guess that's not fun. :(
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    Owch.  I'm kinda a wary player, I try and over level myself (i was near 30 when I went in) and then I just rushed it once I saw how much damage everyone can do with the boss having no reflect or anything I just went to it. I think it helps in P3P with having those people you have to save it gets you back int he dungen nice and frequent to make sure your lvled up enough.  Is that exclusive to p3p tho? I haven't played FES yet... "
    Yup, that's not in FES. I haven't played P3P, so some of the bosses probably differ in difficulty as well.  I get what you're saying about overleveling though. I spent about 5 or more hours grinding before the final boss fight. If only I had known about the monad block, I could've have done all that grinding in minutes, but I guess that's not fun. :( "
    I had more trouble out of that boss in easy more of P3, i'm on normal on P3P and the battles very (seem a little harder) so i'm leveling until it becomes to hard to do so or until the shadows fear me too much to attack. (always a good sign)

Oh man, I just found out about Monad about 3 days ago. The door randomly appeared and i kept daring myself to go in thinking it was a hidden boss or something. (well it kinda is a hidden boss XP) I've got everyone at level 89+ and myself 95 so monad has been a DEFINITE help in getting them that far that fast. I've never actually beaten P3, i got to the last month and became a coward and put it down XD

So I'm actually finishing my first play-through and i'm on my first play-through in P3P as well as the female. I'm about 13 days from the end int he consol version and I'm last minute leveling. What level were you when you beat the game?
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    Yup, that's not in FES. I haven't played P3P, so some of the bosses probably differ in difficulty as well.  I get what you're saying about overleveling though. I spent about 5 or more hours grinding before the final boss fight. If only I had known about the monad block, I could've have done all that grinding in minutes, but I guess that's not fun. :( "
    I had more trouble out of that boss in easy more of P3, i'm on normal on P3P and the battles very (seem a little harder) so i'm leveling until it becomes to hard to do so or until the shadows fear me too much to attack. (always a good sign)  Oh man, I just found out about Monad about 3 days ago. The door randomly appeared and i kept daring myself to go in thinking it was a hidden boss or something. (well it kinda is a hidden boss XP) I've got everyone at level 89+ and myself 95 so monad has been a DEFINITE help in getting them that far that fast. I've never actually beaten P3, i got to the last month and became a coward and put it down XD  So I'm actually finishing my first play-through and i'm on my first play-through in P3P as well as the female. I'm about 13 days from the end int he consol version and I'm last minute leveling. What level were you when you beat the game? "
    I was level 73 I think. I was trying to fuse Metatron for the last battle thinking I had to be LVL 74 to fuse it, then when I checked it was actually level 77, so I just said screw it and went on the final fight.  I think a lot of that battle has to do with luck, and I was fortunate enough to only have to try it twice. 

You should have no problem at all in your current level.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @SpiralStairs said:
    I had more trouble out of that boss in easy more of P3, i'm on normal on P3P and the battles very (seem a little harder) so i'm leveling until it becomes to hard to do so or until the shadows fear me too much to attack. (always a good sign)  Oh man, I just found out about Monad about 3 days ago. The door randomly appeared and i kept daring myself to go in thinking it was a hidden boss or something. (well it kinda is a hidden boss XP) I've got everyone at level 89+ and myself 95 so monad has been a DEFINITE help in getting them that far that fast. I've never actually beaten P3, i got to the last month and became a coward and put it down XD  So I'm actually finishing my first play-through and i'm on my first play-through in P3P as well as the female. I'm about 13 days from the end int he consol version and I'm last minute leveling. What level were you when you beat the game? "
    I was level 73 I think. I was trying to fuse Metatron for the last battle thinking I had to be LVL 74 to fuse it, then when I checked it was actually level 77, so I just said screw it and went on the final fight.  I think a lot of that battle has to do with luck, and I was fortunate enough to only have to try it twice.   You should have no problem at all in your current level. "
    I heard luck might be a factor in the fight, i've been scared to go in and finally face Nyx XD I guess it's just the finality of it all, it means the game ends, which makes me sad. But there is always FES with new game +
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Catolf:  Oh man, I know how you feel. I was sad weeks before I even got to that fight because I knew the game would have to end at some point.

But it's totally worth it in the end, because the game's ending is excellent, and probably the most memorable part of the whole game. I beat the game like at 2 in the morning and I couldn't go to sleep because I just kept thinking about it for the rest of the night,.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs:  I've been dreading getting to the end. I've managed to keep myself mostly spoiler free on what all goes down so I can live in the moment. I do know about what happens to Minato (hard to avoid that one, i tried really hard) but I refused to look it up on youtube because I wanted to do that moment myself.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Catolf:  To be honest, that's not really much of a spoiler. The original intro pretty much hints at it several times. I knew about it way before I got to that point.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf:  To be honest, that's not really much of a spoiler. The original intro pretty much hints at it several times. I knew about it way before I got to that point. "
    I didn't think it would happen, so I was unbelieving until I heard that it did, I was sad.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Catolf: That sucks :(

But still, there's much more to the ending that just what happens to the MC.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @Catolf: That sucks :(  But still, there's much more to the ending that just what happens to the MC. "
    which is why i'm not watching it on youtube, imma do it soon.. hopefully.
    TayIor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TayIor
    @Catolf:  I had that spoiled for me too, and at first I was disappointed, but like Spiral says, there's much more to it. It's a great way to end the game, I personally really loved it, a lot. I even used to replay the last few days just to see the ending again. I've been meaning to play through the game again, this time as the Male MC considering it's the canon route, but that was a solid 70 hours or so I put into the game. 77, iirc. I got P3P the day it came out and beat it in two weeks, God damn do I love that game.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Catolf
    @TayIor:  You beat it faster than me XD I've got about 130 hours in this game and 4 days left. I'm slow XD

But I've been dreading and fighting my excitement knowing that fight is close at hand, and if it's as good as you say I might be doing that fight more than once!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.