Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

About the Club Scene (Where they get drunk)...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Playing through P4G right now and just hit early August....did they remove this event? I don't particularly remember exactly where it was in terms of the year but I thought it took place soon after Rise is saved, was it removed from the game in Golden?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By On1inepersona

I'm still confused in what was in the drinks.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still confused in what was in the drinks.

Nothing. It's common knowledge that you can get drunk off your ass from non-alcoholic beverages as long as you believe there's alcohol in them. Scientists would call it the Peter Pan effect if they knew what they were doing.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was the "atmosphere" an english translation/re-interpretation or was that in the jp version as well?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Teddy put a little powder in everyone's drink. Shhuush.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

I thought it was butter beer

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

I thought it was a way to have underage kids drunk without having them drink alcohol?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No- it's still there, and that whole segment where they go to Tatsumi Port Island had me bitterly cursing Atlus for not waiting until the "PSP2" was announced to remake Persona 3.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I feel like i commented on something like this during the ER

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

I still don't get how all these high school students get into a club without being carded and then start ordering shit with no alcohol. Either these are the most responsible kids in the world or Japan has some weird night club/bar laws.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mikkaQ They got in because the club doesn't serve any alcohol after being busted for underage drinking. Rise is getting comped drinks so they just assume it is booze.

Underage clubs do exist - I have no idea how they make money.

I would like to believe they wrote the scene with them really getting drunk and then someone freaked out about them being underage and they changed the end to keep it in. Pretty funny either way.

Like how they have a gay character and then dance around the subject also feel like someone said "you can't do that - change the ending".

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikkaQ They got in because the club doesn't serve any alcohol after being busted for underage drinking. Rise is getting comped drinks so they just assume it is booze.

I would like to believe they wrote the scene with them really getting drunk and then someone freaked out about them being underage and they changed the end to keep it in. Pretty funny either way.

Like how they have a gay character and then dance around the subject also feel like someone said "you can't do that - change the ending".

Oh like they turned into an underage club between Persona 3 and 4? Cause I remember that awesome monk hung out there in Persona 3 and he was definitely drinking.

This just makes the Persona 4 crew seem really stupid for not knowing what kind of club it was, but then again it reminds me of when I was in high school and how stupid a group of friends can collectively be.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mikkaq said:

@alternate said:

Oh like they turned into an underage club between Persona 3 and 4? Cause I remember that awesome monk hung out there in Persona 3 and he was definitely drinking.

This just makes the Persona 4 crew seem really stupid for not knowing what kind of club it was, but then again it reminds me of when I was in high school and how stupid a group of friends can collectively be.

I believe the change was referred to "earlier in the year" or some such - so after Persona 3.

Although you were a kid in P3 and they let you have full run of that club - even taking drink orders etc. Could be Japan is different with ID or maybe just "video games".

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jozzy

I don't know about Japan, but in quite a few countries in Europe (i'd say most?) you are allowed to drink from age 16 forward. Don't know how strict they are these days, but I remember going out to clubs at age 15 in the Netherlands. Which I realize now is almost 20 years ago :(

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

@alternate: Yeah that's what I'm wondering. Cause I know that in Canada and the US you can't enter a bar or club without being of legal age, maybe in Japan they card at the bar itself and not at the door. But that seems dumb from a business perspective cause you'd just encourage kids to come in and not buy alcohol, while they take up the space that adult clients would use. Seems like an easy way to go out of business to me.

@jozzy said:

I don't know about Japan, but in quite a few countries in Europe (i'd say most?) you are allowed to drink from age 16 forward. Don't know how strict they are these days, but I remember going out to clubs at age 15 in the Netherlands. Which I realize now is almost 20 years ago :(

I know that Japan has the same age as the US which is 21. Which is hilarious. You end up with entire generations of youth completely unable to drink like an adult when they're 21.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Remember, this is the series where a bunch of kids guy weapons from a police officer. If they can do that, I'm sure they could get some booze or get into a club. I'm not certain of the Persona 4 details, though.

mao16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They were "high off the atmosphere", anime also confirms this.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, after going into a magical shadow dimensions and having to fight F-ed up versions of themselves, along with the inner most negative feelings of everyone in the world manifesting as shadows... yeah, I think they'd earn a drink or two.

Persona3rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it was not removed from the game the drunk scene takes place in club escapade when they visit tatsumi port island.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Anyone have an idea if the Japanese version of Persona 4 is a little more explicit about anything or does it play out pretty much the same way as the English translation down to the non-alcoholic drinks and them really getting drunk off the atmosphere?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

starggold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By starggold

I went to Japan when I was 18 and they served me sake when we went out to eat.. didn't ask to see my i.d. or anything. so maybe they are more relaxed about underage drinking over there. but in the game I'm guessing that they just didn't want to encourage underage drinking 'officially'.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.