Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Are shadow's stronger when it rains?

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

Just wondering. 

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

I think that when it rains, there are shadows that appear that wouldn't normally appear if it was any other day. I don't know whether they are stronger than the normal ones though.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tiwi

yes, they are. they have a little more HP and pack a little more punch. you also get more XP from killing them. It's what you're supposed to do when it rains. Grinding XP is what you're supposed to do when it rains

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By dbz1995
    @tiwi said:
    " yes, they are. they have a little more HP and pack a little more punch. you also get more XP from killing them. It's what you're supposed to do when it rains. MEGA BEEF BOWL CHALLENGE is what you're supposed to do when it rains "
    Fixed.
    lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By lemon360
    @tiwi said:
    " yes, they are. they have a little more HP and give a little more punch. you also get more XP from killing them. It's what you're supposed to do when it rains. Grinding XP is what you're supposed to do when it rains "
    Just like when its foggy?
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tiwi

yeah and also. only people who are incompetent go for the MEGA BEEF BOWL CHALLENGE. you can easily level up all the stats without the beef

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By eldiax
    @tiwi: But without the beef, you would never be able to visit The Meat Dimension!
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Darkstar614

Also said enemies that appear during the rain drop special materials to sell for more armor and weapons. And also for a couple quests. You can find these enemies sometimes when it's not raining, but its like 1/50 chance, compared to like 1/5 when it's raining.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @eldiax said:
    " @tiwi: But without the beef, you would never be able to visit The Meat Dimension! "

The true ending of Persona 4.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By iamjohn
    @tiwi said:
    " yeah and also. only people who are incompetent go for the MEGA BEEF BOWL CHALLENGE. you can easily level up all the stats without the beef "
    You're incompetent. >:| 

Also, going into the TV is ideal when it rains because Charlie and crew like to make it rain.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Fallen189

No, they're not. However, it adds a chance to have a "Rainy day" enemy appear, which drops items for special crafting.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tiwi
    @Fallen189 said:
    " No, they're not. However, it adds a chance to have a "Rainy day" enemy appear, which drops items for special crafting. "
    LIES!
    are you sure? 
    I'm pretty sure you do get more xp for killing dudes while it rains
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Fallen189
    @tiwi said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " No, they're not. However, it adds a chance to have a "Rainy day" enemy appear, which drops items for special crafting. "
    LIES! are you sure?  I'm pretty sure you do get more xp for killing dudes while it rains "
    Don't have a save anywhere near a rainy, so I can't confirm. But I'm sure it's just adding special enemies that are hard.
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Pepsiman
    @Fallen189: That's how I remember it being as well, although given the fact that I was an "incompetent" person for my love of the Beef Bowl (D*:) instead on those days, my memory of it is a bit wonky.
    kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By kuwabaratheman

There are special enemies on rainy days, but I don't think normal enemies are any different.

As far as the beef bowl challenge goes, it's good early in the game (on first play through)  when you need to get some of your stats up quickly to start certain social links, but it's less useful later in the game, when you should be spending your time in the dungeon or S.Linking with Fox on rainy days.

amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By amino
    @lemon360: 

There are special enemies drop special items on the raining days.In term of difficulty,some of those special enemies strong,some of them not.It depends on their skills.Enemies that immune to 6 elements are definitely stronger than enemies that immune to 4 elements since they are hard to kill and Almighty skills give small damage.

But,if you play on first playthrough,you better go to Aiya and raise your stats first when it rains.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.