Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Chronicling Persona 4, one tweet at a time.

• 85 results
    DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#51  Edited By DonutFever

This is... beautiful.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#52  Edited By LordAndrew

Delightful.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MiniPato

You are exhausted from tweeting. You decided to go home.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By AzHP

I don't know if my desire to tweet these things on time is dedication or stupidity. I was determined to get a lunchtime tweet out yesterday despite being in the middle of a 6 hour long interview. Needless to say, I think I have my priorities straight.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By ChrisTaran
    @AzHP: Loving it so far! Keep up the good work :)
    AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AzHP
    @ChrisTaran: Thanks! Knowing people are enjoying it really helps motivate me to craft high quality tweets. =)
    dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By dogman795
    @AzHP: Yeah, it get's hard to tweet for Nanako on time some times, even though most of her stuff would be at night. Especially since i'm still in school and my phone can't do twitter.
    AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AzHP
    @dogman795: Isn't there a way to tweet by texting a certain number on your phone? I know Facebook has something like that. If the official twitter site doesn't support it, there's probably at least a plug in site that does.
    JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JohnDudebro
    dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dogman795
    @AzHP: @BananaKid: 
    Thanks! I completely forgot about that. Now i just need to get it to work.
    Avatar image for turtlespenguins
    turtlespenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By turtlespenguins

Thank you for this. Im rewatching the endurance run.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AzHP

Spent a good chunk of today downloading the rest of the endurance run to my iPod. It's a testament to how good this game is that I played through it twice, watched the endurance run in its entirety, and am still having fun watching the endurance run and tweeting about what's happening. I also went to Japantown and bought the first 4 issues of the manga (even though I can barely read Japanese). Still love this damn game.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AzHP

Haha, unexpected bonus of doing this...I just got the Super Sup Check quest cause I've been updating every day. Sick!

-----

Also, happy mysterious fox day, everyone! Go get some mysterious leaves with magical healing powers. ;)
    ------

How come I'm getting flood protected? Someone posted after me and I still can't post. Anyone care to make a post if they see this message and see if that fixes it?
    Blueberryp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Blueberryp13

Wow, this is great! Following.

dogman795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By dogman795

We've got Charlie (@NarukamiYu), Nanako (@DojimaNanako), Chie (@chiesatonaka_p4), Dojima (@DrunkenDojima), and Fox (@Mysterious_Fox).

Anyone up for taking up the mantle of Kanji?
    genebj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By genebj

@Kanji_TatsumiP4 is up and ready to go. I'll do my best.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AzHP

Awesome! It's great to see more people getting into this. I've set up a Facebook fan page to raise awareness for the project. If 25 people "like" it, it can get a custom URL, so if you enjoy the project please like it and suggest it to your friends. 

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By Bigheart711

I'm enjoying this! <3 Sadly, I may have to unfollow due to spoilers, though. Still, you're doing great!

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AzHP
    @Bigheart711 said:

I'm enjoying this! <3 Sadly, I may have to unfollow due to spoilers, though. Still, you're doing great!

Thanks! I love getting feedback, it's good to know that people are enjoying the content. The only other real feedback I get is when people RT or favorite my posts. 
    If you're playing along with the game, I guess the only possible spoilers are the social link interactions, but I guess that's enough of a reason to stop following. The story is really good, so I don't blame you for not wanting it to be spoiled. When I was playing the game, I couldn't get enough! I'd go to work the next day and watch the endurance run up through the days I'd completed. Sad to see you go though. 

Side note, anyone going to Fanime this coming weekend? (San Jose, CA) My girlfriend and I will be cosplaying Yu and Rise. I think there's going to be an unofficial Shin Megami Tensei meet at midnight on Saturday, I made some business cards for @NarukamiYu and am going to be handing them out at the con. If you see me, say hi!

Here's my girlfriend and I as Phoenix Wright and Dahlia from Phoenix Wright 3: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227254_10100335144988583_3221906_55202661_8109548_n.jpg
    AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AzHP

People be cosplaying Persona in San Jose! http://www.flickr.com/photos/azhp/sets/72157626847553652/ I'm a little bit surprised that there are equal, maybe more female fans of Persona than male ones. (The person in the Izanagi suit is a woman too). Also, you should look at the pictures if only to see the ridiculously awesome Izanagi costume.

Blueberryp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Blueberryp13
    @AzHP: I was there! I was dressed as Rise!
    Blueberryp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Blueberryp13

Ooh, you got retweeted by Drew...congrats! ^_^

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AzHP

Holy cow...so Drew Scanlon retweeted one of @NarukamiYu's tweets, and I was suddenly flooded by a huge wave of follow notifications. Score! Just in time for the school campout, too.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#74  Edited By benpack

Uh, today was the best episode and thus the best tweets. Follow this guy for sure.

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AzHP

Small update, @NarukamiYu has just passed 300 followers...and gotten a girlfriend. Thanks everyone for your support, and thanks to @DojimaNanako, @Kanji_tatsumip4, @chiesatonaka_p4, @HanamuraBrosuke and anyone else who I might have missed who have joined in and turned this from a chore to a fun interactive experience.

DetectiveGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DetectiveGrey

Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any to reveal myself, as the curtain falls on this endeavor.

Hey guys! I'm DetectiveGrey, otherwise known as @HanamuraBrosuke in this hot mess. That's right, this is my first and only post on Giant Bomb (so far). AzHP had such a good idea that some random P4 fan who had never even seen the endurance run (until now) signed up to play along.

The journey's over now, and today was the official last day of the game, March 21, 2012 (seems like Atlus forgot that we have a Leap Year!). I just wanted to thank everyone who participated, everyone who read and followed, Giant Bomb for making the Endurance Run and inspiring us, and anyone who is entertained by our antics now, then, and in the future.

This was a really great experience! Haven't read it yet? Then get over to @NarukamiYu on Twitter and see what we've been up to all year!

*bows* Thanks again everyone! Maybe we can do something similar when Persona 5 comes out. ;D

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By SilvarusLupus

You people are so crazy.

I love all of you.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Samaritan

All of you made my Twitter feed full of awesome throughout the last year. That was a super dumb/cool thing you did. *Claps*

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AzHP

It's over! Holy crap, I can't believe I made it through an entire year. I definitely couldn't have done it without the amazing supporting cast, DojimaNanako, KanjiTatsumi_p4, HanamuraBrosuke, and even Mysterious_Fox. And of course the audience...I had no idea this was going to blow up as much as it did. I didn't even think there would be more than 100 people interested in this when I started, but by the second day it had already gotten to that, and now after being retweeted by Drew Scanlon, and general word of mouth, we're now over 500. I've got to admit, when everyone was tweeting me goodbye and saying things like "I hope you keep tweeting, it won't be the same without you" it almost brought a tear to my eye.

I'm probably going to write a blog post about this and link it on this forum (I've got a 10 hour drive/ride to Vegas on Friday and I'll probably write it then), but for all of you who stuck with me through this crazy adventure, thanks so much. I probably won't do something like this again, first off because I don't know if there's going to be another game that captures my heart like Persona 4 did, and second of all because it was SO time consuming. I spent countless bus rides to work with my laptop out getting weird looks from people as I watched the Endurance Run, laughed out loud, and alt tabbed between VLC, Word and Twitter to make sure what I was writing would fit in 140 characters.

God I could write so much about this (and I probably will, I'll probably post it this weekend before I get drunk off my ass in Vegas), but I've got to get back to work. But seriously guys...thank you. I can't say it enough. You guys entertained my crazy idea that I could microblog Persona 4 over the course of a year and helped drag me over the finish line.

I don't know how much I'll be tweeting from that account (probably will throw in some stuff when the fighting game comes out), but don't unfollow! I'll still be giving away games from time to time, cause I come across more games than I can play in my line of work and I honestly just want to give back to you guys for all the support.

And if you guys want to keep in touch, I'm AzHP on Twitter, PSN, XBL, Steam, and pretty much anything that'll let you register 4 characters as a username.

It's been a crazy year, both in Persona and in the real world. I'll see you guys around, and hopefully I won't cast bufu again.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By Dingofighter

This was awesome. You are awesome.
    It was also a great excuse to watch the P4:ER again, this time keeping the in-game days in sync with the actual days, seeing as the game took place in 2011 and ended today.
    Wait, that means I've done that for a full year now...

The weirdest thing about all this? Today was a tuesday in-game. I guess Japan doesn't have leap-years... 

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AzHP

@MaFoLu: Yeah, I definitely noticed that when I realized I had an extra day to write the rest of the tweets for yesterday. :P It's not that Japan doesn't have leap years (that would lead to a lot of inconsistencies around the world), it's just that Atlus must have forgotten to account for that when they were building their calendar. The game is definitely wrong on that count.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By Dingofighter
    @AzHP: Yeah, I guess they thought it was easier to just be able to use the same calendar for the whole game. And I would probably have done the same.
    Yeah, if they didn't have leap-years it would be pretty insane, but it's always funnier when Japan is crazy.
    TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By TruthTellah

@AzHP:

You did amazing, Big Bro~!

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By fourby

What reason do I have to think about P4 every day now...

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#85  Edited By wunder_

I love Narukami Yu

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.