Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

HELP!! Persona 4 or Persona 3 FES

Bilawal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bilawal

I can only get one of these two games and I don't know which one to get. Persona 4 has higher critical acclaim than FES but when looking at what the fans say they claim FES is the best game they have ever played etc. I am more into the story aspect than the gameplay, so tell me which one is more involved in their story etc,  but if the gameplay gets too fustrating or too repetitive then I just stay away. Please help, I want to play one of these games but I don't know which one is the better one as they both came out in the same year. 

P.S. Will they both work on PS3 too?

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Feanor

Just watch some anime saturday on adult swim.  Gets the job done.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Why choose one when you can have both?  Answer is P4, but seriously, both are fantastic and worth your time. 

And neither will work on PS3 if you don't have backwards compatibility, duder.

Bilawal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bilawal

I have the first PS3 that was out the 60GB one, and I've played PS2 games on it before so it should work.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CactusWolf
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Why choose one when you can have both?  Answer is P4, but seriously, both are fantastic and worth your time.  And neither will work on PS3 if you don't have backwards compatibility, duder. "
    This. 

They're both great games. Pursue 3 before 4 though. 
    4 made a number of changes for the better, and going back to 3 can be tough.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 61

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If you are only ever going to get one Persona game in the history of ever, go for 4. But if you plan on playing them both, get FES first. It has some quirks that make it hard to play after P4.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iamjohn
    @Bilawal said:

" I have the first PS3 that was out the 60GB one, and I've played PS2 games on it before so it should work. "

Then yes.  Both work. 

And do exactly what wordsgohere said.  Get both, play FES before 4 so you can enjoy P3 without the baggage of P4 getting in the way.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SmasheControllers

If your going to get both anyways get FES.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BradBrains
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Bilawal said:

" I have the first PS3 that was out the 60GB one, and I've played PS2 games on it before so it should work. "

Then yes.  Both work.  And do exactly what wordsgohere said.  Get both, play FES before 4 so you can enjoy P3 without the baggage of P4 getting in the way. "
    true. but prepare to grind. if your more in it for the story go straight for 4 if your never gonna play 4. but you can play 4 before 3 it just might...piss you off at first
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iamjohn
    @Darkstalker said:
    "you can play 4 before 3 it just might...piss you off at first "
    Don't I know it. :\
    Bilawal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bilawal

Persona 3 FES is £18.00 and Persona 4 is £13.00 (im from the uk), so from where I'm going to buy from 4 is cheaper and I don't want to splash the extra cash if it's worth it, so is Persona 3 good enough to spend 5 bucks on or should i go for the cheaper option of 4. I only want to spend 5 pounds extra if It's worth it, by that if it's amazing even now at this time.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iamjohn

If you are dead set on only buying one and not picking up the other for a while, if ever, make it Persona 4.  Best RPG of all time, in my opinion. 

But honestly, I think you're making a mistake in only getting one.

Bilawal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bilawal

Thanks, I have decided to go for Persona 4. I want to save money and I doubt I will have time for 3 later as I will be far too busy thanks everyone for help.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EvilTwin

I think you made the right choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.