Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

How easy is the easy mode?

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MistaSparkle

I ask this because my mom has never played an RPG before, but is willing to try. I understand maybe Persona is a little too far in the JRPG realm for her to handle, but when I was telling her about the game she was especially interested in the whole S. Link stuff and how you interact with the people in the game. So, do you think the easy mode will be fine for somebody who has never played an RPG before, or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

From what I gather, the combat will be far easier but she'll still need to grasp the basic mechanics of it (mainly identifying and exploiting the enemies' weak points) if she wants to get anywhere.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ashogo

You also get 10 free revives after you die in battles. It might be a bit rough for a first-timer, but if you guide her through it she'll probably be fine.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Catolf

i know Persona 4 easy is a lot easier than persona 3 easy, persona 3 easy wrecked me XD I got into persona 4 easy and thought it was too easy, so, that has to be a good thing for you mom being a first time RPG player, I hope she likes it!

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By endaround

If you want to warm her up, try Costume Quest first.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By rapid

make her watch the endurance run, and she'll will hopefully learn to properly cast bufu

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jack268

I haven't played P4 on easy, but in P3P's easy mode I pretty much played the whole game with rush mode on. I heard it's the same as normal difficulty except you get the free revives but I don't know, I thought it was riddicolously easy.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SBYM

My mom's first and last RPG was Final Fantasy IV on the SNES. She got about half an hour in and decided turn-based combat was boring as hell, and that was that.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By imsh_pl

If she cares more about the story/s. links, easy would be ok I think. You don't want to discourage her if it's her 1st RPG.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Grissefar

That seems like an awfully time-consuming, patience-testing challenge for a person who has never touched an RPG and is a mother. Good luck.

But if she's up for it, she might even handle Normal easily. Jeff and Vinny did it, and them and your mother are probably around the same skill level :P

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Grissefar: But she wouldn't have the unrelenting barrage of advice the Giant Bomb community gave Jeff and Vinny.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grissefar
    @FrankCanada97:  But maybe she would have something Vinny and Jeff didn't have: common sense. They were terrible even considering the facts that they had to be entertaining and were trying to playing straight forward without too much help or thought, and eagerly forgetting important facts that they surely knew.

Jeff: "Hey Vinny. Let's grind this old dungeon for a couple of hours. We really need the XP. I don't care about the fact that the other dungeon rewards 10 times the amount of XP and money, and is equally easy. While we're at it, let's NOT quickly fuse our useless personas, let's instead throw them away every time we get a new one and spend whole episodes inside the velvet room."

Sorry, P4 ER rant is over. It was a little off topic.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By endaround
    @Jack268 said:
    " I haven't played P4 on easy, but in P3P's easy mode I pretty much played the whole game with rush mode on. I heard it's the same as normal difficulty except you get the free revives but I don't know, I thought it was riddicolously easy. "
    P3P reworked the difficulty settings.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.