Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

How People Die in the Game Question *Spoilers?*

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

For some reason I just started thinking of this but...

Maybe I missed it or don't remember but is there a reason why when people die they are hanging upside down? I'm sure there is no real point to it and really just meant to be "shocking" and make it look like someone or thing is going on but was just wondering if this was ever explained.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OmegaChosen

Not really. Either the TV world is spitting them out at antennas for TV world reasons (maybe antennae are where it can get its best reception?) or they're spit out in the shopping district and Adachi is hanging them to be a jerk. It would give him a reason to be hanging out there waiting for them to show up aside from just wanting to see a dead body.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Terramagi

A wizard did it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

@Terramagi said:

A wizard did it.

Hey...I'm a Wizard and that looks FUCKED up

Couldn't resist

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

I'm not sure it's explained.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mcfart

Well, they die because their Shadow kills them, or the rampant random Shadows do, since they get aggervated on rainy days.

How do they get back to the original world?

Magic.

It wasn't Adachi since he never even entered the TV world until he was pursued by Charlie and his compatriots.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I want to know who killed Nanako's mom.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Undeadpool

@FluxWaveZ said:

Follow the money...

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Terramagi

@FluxWaveZ said:

There are things man was not meant to know.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nottle

@Nightriff: I kind of remember Adachi was the person that just straight up murdered people then put them on display. King Morong was killed by Mitsuo in a copy cat killin. Who were the people killed by Adachi? Saki and Namatame's fiance the reporter right? Well wasn't the fiance pushed in accidentally?

Jeesh. This kind of makes no sense.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Mcfart

@Nottle said:

@Nightriff: I kind of remember Adachi was the person that just straight up murdered people then put them on display. King Morong was killed by Mitsuo in a copy cat killin. Who were the people killed by Adachi? Saki and Namatame's fiance the reporter right? Well wasn't the fiance pushed in accidentally?

Who cares, :P

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nottle

@Mcfart said:

@Nottle said:

Who cares, :P

I don't know, someone was willing to make a thread about it and other people were willing to respond. So I guess like 8 people.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Nottle said:

Namatame's fling was pushed in accidentally and that's when Adachi learned he could do that. He purposely pushed Saki in and then tricked Namatame into kidnapping everyone else except King Moron who was killed by the copy cat. The only thing that doesn't really make sense is the antennae.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By shirogane

Doesn't Adachi mention that he hanged the bodies?

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nottle

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Nottle said:

Namatame's fling was pushed in accidentally and that's when Adachi learned he could do that. He purposely pushed Saki in and then tricked Namatame into kidnapping everyone else except King Moron who was killed by the copy cat. The only thing that doesn't really make sense is the antennae.

Ok. I forgot thats how it happened. I remember Adachi pushing announcer lady into the TV, but not Saki. Was there a cutscene for him pushing Saki in? I remember the part about Namatame being tricked, I just thought Adachi actually murdered someone and then put up the body.

I guess the antenna we just assume has to do with the victum being spat out of the TV.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Nottle said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Nottle said:

Ok. I forgot thats how it happened. I remember Adachi pushing announcer lady into the TV, but not Saki. Was there a cutscene for him pushing Saki in? I remember the part about Namatame being tricked, I just thought Adachi actually murdered someone and then put up the body.

I guess the antenna we just assume has to do with the victum being spat out of the TV.

It's the same cutscene that shows him pushing Namatame's fling in the TV. The cutscene had Saki and Adachi in the interrogation room where he threw her in the TV.

CityName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CityName

I'm sure this is a completely inaccurate theory because I don't think it was a question Atlus really expected anyone to ask (or maybe they did and left us without an answer just for fun), but it's a theory nonetheless. I always thought that the bodies got hung up on antennas and power lines because, in a largely one to two story town like Inaba, those are some of the highest structures. I figured that the fog settles in from the TV world, which I believe is located somewhere above the earth on another plane. The only evidence I have to support that is that the fight against Ameno-Sagiri takes place on a clear floor with a birds eye view of Inaba underneath. If the fog settles down out of the sky from the TV world, carrying the body with it, it makes sense for it to catch on the first thing it comes in contact with. Pretty much everyone has a TV, and so there are a lot of antennas to catch on, but the odds are still pretty slim that they would always find their mark. Anyway, that's all I got, but it's a good enough explanation for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.