Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

How to more quickly level up your persona?

coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By coffeesash

At the moment I'm having problems in the game because Chie, Yasuke and Yukiko all level up at the same rate as their personas. Meanwhile Main Character's level is about 6 higher than Izanagi and so Main Character is a lot weaker than the other people in the team. Do you keep having to use Skill even if it's not that good or effective?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

You'll have to fuse new Personas often. You can create Personas with levels less than or equal to your current level. They also gain bonus experience from Social Links, so you can actually create Personas with levels higher than your own.
    You do not need to keep Izanagi, so I suggest you fuse him into something better.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Steve_C

I'm not sure about P4 since it's not here yet, but i'm pretty sure that in P3 you didn't have to use skills just to level up your persona. It would get the same amount of EXP as the actual character it's equipped to regardless of the attacks you use in battle. Your Izanagi is probably naturally slower to level up than the others.

I could be wrong though. Like i said, i haven't been able to play the game yet.

coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By coffeesash

I see, silly me. Their personas obviously take care of themselves because it's the only one they have.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish

If you are level 6 and still using Izanagi there is a problem.

There are so many better options available to you.

GHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By GHT

you can't use one persona the whole game.

izanagi is cool and all, but the point of social links and fusion is to make persona that are higher than your level and stronger than you should be to get an advantage.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kush

Like it's already been said before, you will just have to constantly fuse new personas. Your best bet is just maxing out some SLs and then fusing personas under that specific SL for a nice chunk of extra XP. With a maxed out SL, you can probably get around 5 extra levels when fusing.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By endaround

In the beginnign of the game you ahve only 6 persona slots so as soon as you fill them up you should go back and fuse .  That way you have space to take on new persona if you get them.

AleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By AleM

Yeah, this game is all about fusing personas. And since you gain bonus experience points from your Social Links, you'll se that in a near future, your fused personas will even surpass your Main Character's level.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By jlrm01

In addition to what others said, and in my opinion, pay attention to the resistances / weaknesses the Personas have when fusing. If I had good memory, I would have tried to keep a good balance of resistances between the personas I had, but I never remembered any of it. ^_^; So that for any boss I could find I at least had a persona Strong against the element(s) it uses or that Nullified it, at best (or at least a persona that was not weak against the bosses attacks).

When fusing, if you have a skill that makes a persona immune to light, for example, try to inherit it to some persona that has a weakness against it (and if it already has a Null Dark, you just got yourself a protection against both Hama and Mudo). (I died a few times in P3 due to those spells... but not in P4, as far as I remember).

EDIT: Something important when fusing: The new Persona will inherit some randomly chosen skills from the others, but if you re-select the same Personas and try again (before actually fusing them) the inherited skills will be randomized again, so you can retry choosing until a Persona has a skill you want (there are some skills that are not possible on some personas, however). Some people spend more than an hour re-selecting until they get the specific combination they want. (Not me...)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew

Nulling Light and Dark is especially important in Persona 4 because your other party members waste your damn homonculi. Ugh.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By jlrm01
    LordAndrew said:
    "Nulling Light and Dark is especially important in Persona 4 because your other party members waste your damn homonculi. Ugh.
    "
    The first time I met most enemies (say, like the first time I entered a dungeon, and before I could see their spells) I made sure to have a Persona equipped that Nulled Dark and Light, so that they couldn't Hama or Mudo my ass before I had my first turn. ^_^ It was quite frustrating to me to die that way in P3, so I took extra (unnecesary?) measures in P4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.