Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

I got Persona 4

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By davidwitten22

Well, Persona 4 is on its way. Since the Endurance Run is over (it has been for some time actually), I figured I would blog about my Persona 4 experiences. Mostly just to get advice to I can play the game well. Please, though, limit spoilers. I'm at the point in the Endurance Run just after the 50th episode, so please refrain from spoiling things that happen after that. I haven't started yet (and probably won't start until Sunday night or Monday after class), but I would like to ask for a couple pointers. First off, I want to build courage. All the bad ass stuff requires courage. Other than eating food out of the fridge, what's a good way to build up courage early on? I know doing Aiya's rainy day challenge is pretty much a must if it's raining, but I want to have high courage. 

You know, for the ladies. Heh heh heh. 

Anything you think I should know heading into the game, anything you think would be funny, or just anything at all really, just reply to this or send me a PM. There seems to be a really big Persona fanbase on this site. Thanks to some review of Jeff's on GameSpot, and some time spent watching Quick Looks and Tang while my girlfriend was unavailable one time, lead me to the Endurance Run and led me to getting this game. Man, Atlus should really give Giantbomb some dap, because I doubt I'm the only one who had never heard of "Shin Megami Tensei" before this. 

Well, I hope at least one person will follow me on this super duper fucking long JRPG adventure that they've probably already beaten twice. 

P.s.- Advice is appreciated; however, I want to play the game myself as well. So pointers and quick tips are welcome, but long posty rants about how I'm fucking up the game by not playing correctly are not ideal. Thanks! 

David Witten. 

Second ps- What should I name my dude? I'm thinking maybe Charlie Tunoku cause it's awesome, or Killmatron Bajillionaire if it will fit.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By davidwitten22

Well, Persona 4 is on its way. Since the Endurance Run is over (it has been for some time actually), I figured I would blog about my Persona 4 experiences. Mostly just to get advice to I can play the game well. Please, though, limit spoilers. I'm at the point in the Endurance Run just after the 50th episode, so please refrain from spoiling things that happen after that. I haven't started yet (and probably won't start until Sunday night or Monday after class), but I would like to ask for a couple pointers. First off, I want to build courage. All the bad ass stuff requires courage. Other than eating food out of the fridge, what's a good way to build up courage early on? I know doing Aiya's rainy day challenge is pretty much a must if it's raining, but I want to have high courage. 

You know, for the ladies. Heh heh heh. 

Anything you think I should know heading into the game, anything you think would be funny, or just anything at all really, just reply to this or send me a PM. There seems to be a really big Persona fanbase on this site. Thanks to some review of Jeff's on GameSpot, and some time spent watching Quick Looks and Tang while my girlfriend was unavailable one time, lead me to the Endurance Run and led me to getting this game. Man, Atlus should really give Giantbomb some dap, because I doubt I'm the only one who had never heard of "Shin Megami Tensei" before this. 

Well, I hope at least one person will follow me on this super duper fucking long JRPG adventure that they've probably already beaten twice. 

P.s.- Advice is appreciated; however, I want to play the game myself as well. So pointers and quick tips are welcome, but long posty rants about how I'm fucking up the game by not playing correctly are not ideal. Thanks! 

David Witten. 

Second ps- What should I name my dude? I'm thinking maybe Charlie Tunoku cause it's awesome, or Killmatron Bajillionaire if it will fit.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

One: I don't see why you want to get tips for a game you don't even have yet.  Why not just play it and experience it for yourself instead of trying to follow what would essentially be a guide from the users? 

Two: I think you should stop watching the Endurance Run if you want to experience the story and the game for yourself.  That's what I did when I first ordered Persona 4 and I'm glad, because a whole lot would have been spoiled for me and I would have had less fun with the game. 

Three: Why do you need advice on naming your character?  Why not just name it after yourself, or if not, just think something random.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By davidwitten22
    @FluxWaveZ: Well I'll probably have the game by Monday, and when i get it I'll probably play it for a couple hours, so I figured by the time I got it I would have some nice tips to work with. I've already seen the first couple bosses and all that, so that part of the game I've already seen. I'm stopping right now in terms of watching the Endurance Run. I want the rest of the game to be a surprise; however, I can't unwatch what I've already seen. When I say "tips", I don't want day-to-day instructions on what to do. Just some stuff like "hey man, don't study at your desk because it's easier to read a knowledge book" or something like that. I feel like I understand what to do at the beginning, but I do want to build up courage, so that's what I really want to know how to do. At this point tips and tricks I don't think will affect my experience too much. I just hope someone doesn't come in and say something that spoils stuff after you rescue Kanji. I understand what you're saying though

And about the name, it doesn't really matter. I wanted to hear what people named their characters and maybe if one was cool I'd steal it. The name of the protagonist doesn't really matter much to me. I play rpgs to pretty much be someone else in a cool world, so I prefer not to name my characters after myself. I more-so make the character a "persona" of myself. 

I'm so witty.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @davidwitten22: Fair enough.  I'd like to give you some tips, but really, I was never good with those in the game.  I don't even think I managed to fully comprehend the inner workings of the fusion system...
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By eldiax
    @davidwitten22:  Here are just a couple of tips; go to dungeons only on rainy days if you can. On rainy days there are much less social links available and in dungeons you can encounter monsters who drop rare materials. Also, always ALWAYS have a persona of the same arcana as your social link, as it speeds up the process quite a bit and you'll be able to max more social links before the game ends. Prioritize social linking over raising attributes. A good way to build courage early on is the Nurse social link, as you get courage and raise your social link. Plus, it's only available at night. 

Of course, name your dude Charlie Tunoku. :)
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mutha3

Here's some pointers, I played this game like 3 times and I really like it. Yes,yes.....I'm insane.

-Only go into dungeons on rainy days, non-rainy days are for social linking. You also get stronger enemies on rainy days . If you can 't dungeon on a rainy day:
    Buy a beef bowl

-Don't bother leveling up anyone except your main team of 4 characters

The best characters to use:

Dungeon 1:

Dungeon 2 :

Dungeon 3 :

Dungeon 4 and onwards :

Best endgame team( technically)

Most useful character
    r:

But none of the characters suck in battle(Yukiko sucks as a character though),so, just use your favorioute characters. You'll be fine

-The best social stat to start out with is Expression finish that one up quick , because its necessary for an important social link

- This game is in fact, not, 99:59 hours. Its really closer to 70 hours for most players. Jeff and Vinny...did some bad things;p 

-Like beating up low level enemies. Never do that. Always fight the strongest enemies, at the highset floor. It will net you far more XP. When redoing a dungeon for the bonus item ignore the enemy encounters. 

-Finish the Fox  S.Link as fast as possible.

-FUSE BLACK FROST. He is like the most useful Persona in the game, I finished the game using him almost exclusively. If you don't feel like fusing:
    This guy is strong enough for the entire game.

Fav. game eva.
    Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aetos
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By mutha3
    @Tactical_Kill: 

Oops. fixed thatl

Its been a while since I played P4. And its late in this part of the world;p
    davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By davidwitten22

Thanks guys. The information given is pretty much what I was looking for. 
    mutha3, I'm not gonna look at all those spoilers haha. I'll just use what characters I like the most and all that. I like grinding so I shouldn't have a problem getting my favorites strong. I plan on fusing a lot, just because I like doing stuff like that. I played through Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 and almost bred everything, so I like collecting in that sense. 

I'm super stoked to start it. I really hope I can go home this weekend (it might snow) to steal my Ps2. Sorry mom, but I need it. Persona 4! Come on mom! 
    Also, one thing I was wondering. Do Persona effects stack in terms of social links? I mean if I have 5 Judgement and talk to Nanako will it be quicker than having 1 Judgement?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.