Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

I need some basic pointers.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Belonpopo

So I'm playing Persona 4 and I'm almost 10 hours into it and just took mid-terms. They said you can check your scores in the hallway, but i see nothing in the hallway. Also before i go to bed everynight i study or read, when it says "courage has increased" in green or in blue is there a difference. Also how to I raise expressions and populatity. Any tips will help. PMs please =)

spisant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By spisant

1- You can only see your score after some days (you will see them during lunch the day they are posted) .
    2- I am not sure, but I think there isn't any difference.
    3- Expression and popularity can be raised by reading books or by some speech choices.

aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By aerious

there isn't really a way to raise popularity, although popularity does lead to intimacy.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

There's no popularity stat.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

You are forced to see how you did on your midterms when they're posted. I don't remember the exact day.

Popularity is not a stat. Expression is raised through either Drama/Music club, books, the translation job, or eating the beef bowl at Aiya.

kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By kuwabaratheman
    @PureRok said:
    " You are forced to see how you did on your midterms when they're posted. I don't remember the exact day.  Popularity is not a stat. Expression is raised through either Drama/Music club, books, the translation job, or eating the beef bowl at Aiya. "
    The last one is false. Expression is the only stat not raised by the beef bowl challenge. It raises three out of the other four stats.
    link_dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By link_dc

0xFF000000, 0x00FF0000.
    You're welcome.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PureRok
    @KuwabaraTheMan said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " You are forced to see how you did on your midterms when they're posted. I don't remember the exact day.  Popularity is not a stat. Expression is raised through either Drama/Music club, books, the translation job, or eating the beef bowl at Aiya. "
    The last one is false. Expression is the only stat not raised by the beef bowl challenge. It raises three out of the other four stats. "
    Yea, I couldn't remember. I finished it in August, so I was just listing the things off the top of my head.
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Belonpopo
    @aerious:

although popularity does lead to intimacy

Does anything really happen far as intimacy wise? Beucse my parents walked in on the sex sxene in Dragon Age and i don't want it to happen again?\.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Belonpopo: There's a whole dungeon based on the design of a strip club and the boss is basically a giant, abstract stripper.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Belonpopo said:

@aerious: 

Does anything really happen far as intimacy wise? Beucse my parents walked in on the sex sxene in Dragon Age and i don't want it to happen again?\. "
    There's nothing explicit in Persona 4 to worry about. Maybe one or two bits in the game but the screen blacks out and all you get is a sliver of dialogue, nothing more. In terms of the dungeons however, there is a dungeon with a stripper theme like Flux mentioned but there's no actual nudity in it. A little awkward to be in but it's not as bad as you think. There's another dungeon with a...homoerotic vibe to it (is that the word to use?) but like the previous dungeon, it's nothing you can't handle. Unless you're homophobic then I can't help you there friend.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Belonpopo said:

@aerious: 

Does anything really happen far as intimacy wise? Beucse my parents walked in on the sex sxene in Dragon Age and i don't want it to happen again?\. "
    There's nothing explicit in Persona 4 to worry about. Maybe one or two bits in the game but the screen blacks out and all you get is a sliver of dialogue, nothing more. In terms of the dungeons however, there is a dungeon with a stripper theme like Flux mentioned but there's no actual nudity in it. A little awkward to be in but it's not as bad as you think. There's another dungeon with a...homoerotic vibe to it (is that the word to use?) but like the previous dungeon, it's nothing you can't handle. Unless you're homophobic then I can't help you there friend. "
    Though the boss fight at the end of the strip club dungeon can be admittedly awkward to explain.
    Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Slippy
    @Belonpopo said:
    "
    @aerious:

Your parents have the right to know what goes into these games.
    zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By zephyran
    @Hailinel said:
    Though the boss fight at the end of the strip club dungeon can be admittedly awkward to explain. "
    If you're not alone in the house when fighting that boss, I highly recommend you turn the sound way down.  That's probably the only really "bad" thing in the game, though, and you'll have plenty of warning so you can schedule it for your "alone time".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.