Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

My Journey in to Persona 4 animation: Ep 11

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero
    So we meet again!
    So we meet again!

This whole episode pretty much covers Teddie's human form, Rise officially joinning the gang, Naoto being all cold detective like, and Mitsuo being all creepy like. And I have to say it was well paced.

This is kinda where the fast pacing works out for the show since it is skipping over minor parts and using its time for the more develop details. I do question if it was necessary to skip a few the days but but most of it was the week of their finals so maybe it was a good idea to do so. Seeing Mitsuo before he gets thrown in to the TV pretty much tells us that he a god damn creep. Its pretty obvious that he is design to be unlikeable from all of his action whether or not he the killer. I mean he was about to attack Nanako of all things!

The interesting parts of this episode was the ones with Naoto in them. Naoto is still the cold calculating detective at this point with all of the warnings and cold stares at our team. One of my favorite moments was when Yu and Naoto locked eyes for a bit with Naoto trying to intimidate him but Yu wasn't having it. While it is subtle, Rise does make a good point that Naoto is kinda playing around. Why would Naoto need to come to them and say that the police has got the killer when they could had found out from a newspaper or TV news? This is all for Naoto's arc later on and so far it is building up nicely.

However, what isn't being build up is the small hints of Adachi misleading our gang. As of now, he only been in a few scenes but aren't strong enough to hint at he hidden agenda later on. I wonder how they will handle it when the time comes. Otherwise when he is reveal, it'll feel like it came out of left field.

Everything else about this episode was pretty much solid. The Teddie parts was all enjoyable like the game, the scene with the rainy beef bowl was a good throw in, and Noriko Kashiwagi is pretty much the strange homeroom teacher who hasn't crack yet.

Overall another solid episode and next week it's game time.

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

So we meet again, detective!
    Teddie so Fabulous!
    Teddie so Fabulous!
    I can't blame him, it is pretty scary
    Just kick him in the balls Nanako, it always works
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero
    So we meet again!
    So we meet again!

This whole episode pretty much covers Teddie's human form, Rise officially joinning the gang, Naoto being all cold detective like, and Mitsuo being all creepy like. And I have to say it was well paced.

This is kinda where the fast pacing works out for the show since it is skipping over minor parts and using its time for the more develop details. I do question if it was necessary to skip a few the days but but most of it was the week of their finals so maybe it was a good idea to do so. Seeing Mitsuo before he gets thrown in to the TV pretty much tells us that he a god damn creep. Its pretty obvious that he is design to be unlikeable from all of his action whether or not he the killer. I mean he was about to attack Nanako of all things!

The interesting parts of this episode was the ones with Naoto in them. Naoto is still the cold calculating detective at this point with all of the warnings and cold stares at our team. One of my favorite moments was when Yu and Naoto locked eyes for a bit with Naoto trying to intimidate him but Yu wasn't having it. While it is subtle, Rise does make a good point that Naoto is kinda playing around. Why would Naoto need to come to them and say that the police has got the killer when they could had found out from a newspaper or TV news? This is all for Naoto's arc later on and so far it is building up nicely.

However, what isn't being build up is the small hints of Adachi misleading our gang. As of now, he only been in a few scenes but aren't strong enough to hint at he hidden agenda later on. I wonder how they will handle it when the time comes. Otherwise when he is reveal, it'll feel like it came out of left field.

Everything else about this episode was pretty much solid. The Teddie parts was all enjoyable like the game, the scene with the rainy beef bowl was a good throw in, and Noriko Kashiwagi is pretty much the strange homeroom teacher who hasn't crack yet.

Overall another solid episode and next week it's game time.

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

Teddie so Fabulous!
    Teddie so Fabulous!
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Oh shit- this is out? Man... Persona or Star Wars Galaxies... I can always watch Persona tomorrow, right? Yeah.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yea, those Teddie head parts were the best. I'd have more to say about this, but I haven't watched enough Death Note to get the jokes to work.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

This was an excellent episode all around, from the Beef Bowl Challenge reference to Teddie's human debut to Mitsuo being a creeptastic creeper of a creep.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By MetalBaofu

@TooWalrus said:

Oh shit- this is out? Man... Persona or Star Wars Galaxies... I can always watch Persona tomorrow, right? Yeah.

Yeah, the new episodes go up Thursdays at 3PM Eastern time.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@metalhead87 said:

@TooWalrus said:

Yeah, the new episodes go up Thursdays at 3PM Eastern time.

What's going to suck is I'm going to be traveling next Thursday and probably won't have a chance to watch the episode until I return home after Christmas.

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Juno500

Best part of the series so far besides the Catherine ringtone.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SilvarusLupus

This episode was pretty solid. Very nice setup for next week's fight. The Kubo scenes were great, I'm glad they did those. That Naoto Yu eye stuff was interesting. It was like they were trying, and failing, to figure the other out.

Animation was pretty good, a few weird faces, but I can honestly forgive that.

Big bad boss fight next week. How will the team do?! Will they suck out loud, or will they prevail?!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SilvarusLupus said: 

Big bad boss fight next week. How will the team do?! Will they suck out loud, or will they prevail?!

They'll all get trashed, and then either Yu's going to fuse something or whatever else is going to happen that'll get them to win. It sure won't be MItsuo accepting his inner self, though.
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Always liked Mitsuo's 8-bit dungeon, looking forward to how they depict it in the next episode, creep baby boss and all!

The Teddie head was a nice transition, and the beef bowl challenge shouldn't leave any doubts as to who this show is aimed at, doubt that'd be as good without the context. It was great all the same, was half expecting the "meat-dimension" to be referenced though :(

@Video_Game_King said:

Yea, those Teddie head parts were the best. I'd have more to say about this, but I haven't watched enough Death Note to get the jokes to work.

Joke? I've watched Death Note and I don't get the reference. Colour me confused.

Murra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Murra

they took out my fav line from the game :(

"is he cute?what do you think kanji?"

"huh? why are you asking?"

"i was just wondering if he was you'r type"

"ohhhh i get it! what you're really asking is "Whould you please beat the Shit out of my Kanji""

gotta say i love how they give misuro more screen time to more of show him as a creep

MrAristocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By MrAristocrates

I kept seeing thinking I was seeing animation errors with Naoto, but it turns out the hat just makes the eyes look... off somehow. The eyes themselves are fine, upon examination.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

@WatanabeKazuma:

Jokes I wanted to make (because Mitsuo looks like an insane L). Again, I haven't watched Death Note.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Bartman3010

Urgh. Why isn't this on Hulu yet?

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Commisar123

I don't know why, but this was my least favorite episode yet in that I thought it was actively a bad episode, and I have no justification for that except a general feeling.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By SilvarusLupus

@Commisar123 said:

I don't know why, but this was my least favorite episode yet in that I thought it was actively a bad episode, and I have no justification for that except a general feeling.

Wait, why? It is exactly, well mostly, what happened in the game. Reasons man! We need them!

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Commisar123

@SilvarusLupus said:

@Commisar123 said:

Wait, why? It is exactly, well mostly, what happened in the game. Reasons man! We need them!

I know I know. Ha this is exactly what I was afraid of. I think overall the episode felt more awkward then it did in the game, and not in a good way. I guess I didn't think it was that funny, but I did love the part where the kid was crying at Teddy's/Kuma's discarded head. The beef bowl bit in particular stands out for me as just kinda dumb. This is the first time I felt this way about the show at all, so maybe I'm just crazy (the voices say I'm not but I don't believe them).

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Commisar123:

I can sorta relate to the meat bowl thing. At first, I thought "why are they making such a huge deal over this"; then, I though, "oh, I get it: very obvious allegory for the case or something"; then I got over it and tried to figure out how Teddie can impregnate himself with himself.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mutha3

@FluxWaveZ said:

@SilvarusLupus said: 

They'll all get trashed, and then either Yu's going to fuse something or whatever else is going to happen that'll get them to win. It sure won't be MItsuo accepting his inner self, though.

Yeah, its true to the source material, I guess, but Yu is way too overpowered compared to the rest. They all feel like scrubs compared to him :|

@Video_Game_King

said:

then I got over it and tried to figure out how Teddie can impregnate himself with himself.

He did a looooooottt of situps.

And come on guys, the beef bow thing was a reference to the meat dimension.
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mutha3:

So you're saying that he can suck his own dick? That actually makes sense, if he does it enough times.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@mutha3: I know, I just wanted a Meat Dimension name drop was all.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mutha3
    @WatanabeKazuma: That was intented for Commisar123/VGK, silly!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.