Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

What is new compared to the PS2 Version?

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ennosuke

Hi there,

I just decided to buy a Vita and a big reason is Persona 4. I played it a few years ago, but only the first 5 hours or something like this. I am sure that it will be no problem for me playing it again, even if I am not a big fan of knowing to much :D. But I am curious if there will be any new content during that time?

Thank you!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

There's apparently a fair amount. I guess they've added a whole new character and some social link stuff but that's all I've heard. I'm considering getting a Vita for this as well so any more insight would be great.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Why did you only played the first 5 hours of P4?

Keysword49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New character, maria

New story events-nothing major except for the ski trip.

The music of persona "HEE HI HO" or something like that.

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ennosuke

Why did you only played the first 5 hours of P4?

Good question. One day my PS2 died, she was really old and the new gen already was alive. Yeah but now on the nice OLED Display of the Vita and with the new things I´ve read about, this will be fun. Looking forward to playing it, because it really has something special. I hope we will see Persona 5 or something like that for a home console one day :D

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New character, "HD", trips to different places, new cutscenes. I'd say it the only game worth getting a vita for, i have yet to justify it though.

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was totally worth buying a vita in combination with this game! I´ve played 23hours until now and I can say, I am in love with this Game. One of the best games of all time.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@ennosuke said:

It was totally worth buying a vita in combination with this game! I´ve played 23hours until now and I can say, I am in love with this Game. One of the best games of all time.

Hi5!

Good choice, and happy to hear you love the game.

Persona3rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have added an extra month to the game if you get the true ending, a new dungeon, a new character, and basically a love interest (if you do her s link). There are also 2 new s links. There are also a few new animated cut scenes and events, and there is also a new trip(the ski trip).

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vertrucio

The new additions are worth it, definitely worth it.

At first it may sound insignificant, but it is actually a lot. Almost all of it is integrated very well.

The extra month also includes a season change.

The new dungeon is hit or miss. It's interesting, but has some finicky new mechanics.

The new character some say is a throwaway, but her S-link moments are actually interesting and includes the other characters. Although it is a bit odd that she doesn't appear as much everywhere.

The new events and smaller scenes have heft and good characterization, even helping to fill in some gaps.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

So many weird necro threads. This question was asked (and answered) almost three months ago.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: It's probably due to the fact that every game or concept has its own individual forum page. New users go to look up their favourite game and see a bunch of topics they want to reply to, not realising they're all old since they're at the top of the page.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer

@petiew: Yeah, but ever since the redesign there's been a significant bump in the number of necro threads. Before it was one or two odd necros a week. Now I'm seeing one or more every day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.