Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

What is the likeness of P5 being on the Xbox 360?

• 86 results
    RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RoujinX

To the best of my knowledge, Atlus hasn't released anything at all for the XBox.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AgentJ said:
    " @Belonpopo said:
    "         So we have established that Atlus put Persona 4 on the PS2 over the PS3 becuse of the larger platform base. So wouldn't it make sense that they put P5 on the Xbox 360 becusae there are Significatly more 360 than PS3s out there? I'm a 360 owner and I would love to see one of my favorite franchises move onto my favorite system.  EDIT: Crap screwed up the title! "
    The points you make seem to point towards a Wii release more than anything. Which might be smart, considering its platform base in Japan. "
    But for this, I don't think it would be wise to ignore the European and North American audiences, as we've seen with the sales of Persona 3 and Persona 4.  Putting it on the Wii would lower the sales way more here than if the game was released on the 360 or PS3.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#53  Edited By AgentJ
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @Belonpopo said:
    "         So we have established that Atlus put Persona 4 on the PS2 over the PS3 becuse of the larger platform base. So wouldn't it make sense that they put P5 on the Xbox 360 becusae there are Significatly more 360 than PS3s out there? I'm a 360 owner and I would love to see one of my favorite franchises move onto my favorite system.  EDIT: Crap screwed up the title! "
    The points you make seem to point towards a Wii release more than anything. Which might be smart, considering its platform base in Japan. "
    But for this, I don't think it would be wise to ignore the European and North American audiences, as we've seen with the sales of Persona 3 and Persona 4.  Putting it on the Wii would lower the sales way more here than if the game was released on the 360 or PS3. "
    Eh, it sold more in Japan than in the US and Europe combined, so I think its safe to say they aren't as concerned with how it does here as with there. Its not like it would sell zero copies on the Wii either. Hardcore fans would probably be in, and who else buys into the SMT series anyway?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AgentJ said:
    " Eh, it sold more in Japan than in the US and Europe combined, so I think its safe to say they aren't as concerned with how it does here as with there. Its not like it would sell zero copies on the Wii either. Hardcore fans would probably be in, and who else buys into the SMT series anyway? "
    But it still sold exceptionally well, on the NPDs, for what's supposed to be a niche title.  That, with the recent growing awareness and popularity of the series would make for successful Europe and NA sales, I'm sure.  I think it's another story when it comes to the main line SMT games.
    LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By LeadNinja
    @RoujinX said:

" To the best of my knowledge, Atlus hasn't released anything at all for the XBox. "

Droplitz was a downloadable Atlus puzzle game on 360, PSN and PC. But probably no full retail releases.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#56  Edited By LordAndrew
    @LeadNinja said:
    " @RoujinX said:

" To the best of my knowledge, Atlus hasn't released anything at all for the XBox. "

Droplitz was a downloadable Atlus puzzle game on 360, PSN and PC. But probably no full retail releases. "
    Again, that's Atlus USA, their North American publishing branch. Atlus USA has brought games to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. But there are none from Atlus proper.
    Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Joeyoe31

Sorry but this is most likely not going to happen. 

For one Altus HATES microsoft. Dont know why but thats always been there way with microsoft. 
    Another reason why it wont happen is because of the point where you stated that persona 4 was on the ps2. This was because they were already half way through developing the game and didnt want to have create a whole new engine just to put it on the ps3.
    And you also state that there are more 360s sold then Ps3s but what you have to remember is atlus is a japanises company first and if i remember correctly ps3 is the dominating console over there so yeah. 

The most i could say that you have a look forward to is a port? Maybe?

Pageboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Pageboy

I'll be happy if it comes to a console instead of a handheld. I read a thread a while back (on Atlus USA  forums I think) where a lot of people were speculating on a DS or PSP release for P5. I love my DS but really want to see the game on a console. Sorry no link to the thread, couldn't find it.
    Heres what think: - 
    Persona 5 on PS3 or 360 = ecstatic.  
    Persona 5 on Wii  = begrudgingly  happy (I'd have to plug the bloody thing in again) 
    Persona 5 on PSP or DS = not angry , just disappointed (but I'd buy it day one anyway) 
    How do you guys feel?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By Catolf

It's going back on the Ps2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it *shrug*

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BradBrains

it will be psp probably.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By xyzygy

For all you people saying Atlus doesn't do the 360. You do realize that they have more games out on the 360 than they do the PS3 right? PS3 has Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. 360 has Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, and Zeno Clash. I didn't even know Zeno Clash was by Atlus. I have been looking forward to it, too. 

So, yeah. They are definitely not Anti MS if they have more games out for it than the PS3. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By Hailinel
    @xyzygy said:
    " For all you people saying Atlus doesn't do the 360. You do realize that they have more games out on the 360 than they do the PS3 right? PS3 has Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. 360 has Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, and Zeno Clash. I didn't even know Zeno Clash was by Atlus. I have been looking forward to it, too. "
    Those games were only published by Atlus's U.S. subsidiary.  They weren't developed by Atlus's internal development staff.

The only Atlus games developed in-house for modern consoles at this point in time are the Trauma Center games that appeared on the Wii, as well as the titles that they've produced for the DS and PSP, like Strange Journey and the Persona remake.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By CL60

100%

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By xyzygy
    @Hailinel said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " For all you people saying Atlus doesn't do the 360. You do realize that they have more games out on the 360 than they do the PS3 right? PS3 has Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. 360 has Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, and Zeno Clash. I didn't even know Zeno Clash was by Atlus. I have been looking forward to it, too. "
    Those games were only published by Atlus's U.S. subsidiary.  They weren't developed by Atlus's internal development staff.  The only Atlus games developed in-house for modern consoles at this point in time are the Trauma Center games that appeared on the Wii, as well as the titles that they've produced for the DS and PSP, like Strange Journey and the Persona remake. "
    Yeah, but I was replying in comment to people who said that Atlus are Anti MS. If they're publishing games for the 360 they're obviously not anti-MS. Even if/when P5 were to come over here, wouldn't the US division have something to do with the publishing too?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hailinel
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Those games were only published by Atlus's U.S. subsidiary.  They weren't developed by Atlus's internal development staff.  The only Atlus games developed in-house for modern consoles at this point in time are the Trauma Center games that appeared on the Wii, as well as the titles that they've produced for the DS and PSP, like Strange Journey and the Persona remake. "
    Yeah, but I was replying in comment to people who said that Atlus are Anti MS. If they're publishing games for the 360 they're obviously not anti-MS. Even if/when P5 were to come over here, wouldn't the US division have something to do with the publishing too? "
    The U.S. division would be responsible for publishing Persona 5.  However, the fact that the U.S. office publishes 360 games after acquiring their U.S. rights does not have any influence on the consoles that Atlus proper develops for internally in Japan.
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Daroki

I think there's three likely scenarios for P5. 

Persona 5 is a PS3 exclusive.  (This puts it on a next gen system, should be able to pay for the kit and development costs for the engine and at the worst break even for Atlus.) 
    Persona 5 is a PSP exclusive.  (I'm going to be upset if this happens, but it'd be the best way for them to guarantee profit since engines are already written.) 
    Persona 5 is a PS3/XBox 360 multi-platform title.  (This lets them develop the engines for both systems and if it breaks even in Japan with the increased dev cost, it could make a killing in the States.  Huge risk, but the potential for the best reward.) 

Remember that P5 was announced in Dengeki Playstation, that means no DS exclusivity, no Wii exclusivity, and no XBox 360 exclusivity.  It'll come to the 360 as a multi-platform title if at all.  

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By neoepoch
    @Hailinel said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Yeah, but I was replying in comment to people who said that Atlus are Anti MS. If they're publishing games for the 360 they're obviously not anti-MS. Even if/when P5 were to come over here, wouldn't the US division have something to do with the publishing too? "
    The U.S. division would be responsible for publishing Persona 5.  However, the fact that the U.S. office publishes 360 games after acquiring their U.S. rights does not have any influence on the consoles that Atlus proper develops for internally in Japan. "
    Also, if P5 was developed for only the PS3 in Japan, it isn't like the U.S. division can just up and make a port job. They aren't equipped to handle that, if they were they probably would have done Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes for 360 as well (Although they would have to probably go through some legal hurdles first with From Software). They mostly do localizations of games and get them set up for a U.S. launch.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hailinel
    @neoepoch said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @xyzygy said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    The U.S. division would be responsible for publishing Persona 5.  However, the fact that the U.S. office publishes 360 games after acquiring their U.S. rights does not have any influence on the consoles that Atlus proper develops for internally in Japan. "
    Also, if P5 was developed for only the PS3 in Japan, it isn't like the U.S. division can just up and make a port job. They aren't equipped to handle that, if they were they probably would have done Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes for 360 as well (Although they would have to probably go through some legal hurdles first with From Software). They mostly do localizations of games and get them set up for a U.S. launch. "
    Actually, a port of Demon's Souls would have been impossible to begin with, as that game is actually a Sony property.  SCEA refused to release it in the U.S., thinking it wouldn't sell very well, and then Atlus went ahead, got the rights, and watched sales defy all expectations.  At the end of the day, however, it's still a Sony title.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox

Depends on if they want it to sell mass-market in USA or if they are relying on the niche market of enthusiasts to buy it. The logical choice would be to do so.

Only halfwits would expect this to be a 360 exclusive. Then again half might be a little too generous.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By neoepoch
    @Hailinel: 
    Right, right, right. That totally slipped my mind. Sony owns Demon's Souls. Thanks for the reminder.
    neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By neoepoch
    @Daroki said:
    "It could make a killing in the States."
    I think you are over estimating the Persona series popularity. I mean I love it, but word of mouth can only get it so far, and with so many people not being familiar with the Shin Megami Tensei name as they are with the Final Fantasy name I would bet it only got a marginal increase in sales if any.

But lets get serious, we all know it is going to be a PS2 game. Persona will be the swan song for the PS2, again....I hope it isn't being developed for the PS2.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By xyzygy
    @neoepoch said:
    " @Daroki said:
    I think you are over estimating the Persona series popularity. I mean I love it, but word of mouth can only get it so far, and with so many people not being familiar with the Shin Megami Tensei name as they are with the Final Fantasy name I would bet it only got a marginal increase in sales if any.  But lets get serious, we all know it is going to be a PS2 game. Persona will be the swan song for the PS2, again....I hope it isn't being developed for the PS2. "
    Yeah you're right. The only reason I hear so much about Persona is because of Giantbomb, I actually don't really know anyone else who has played the game. I haven't either, I just know of it from here.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73  Edited By KingBroly

I'd say 20%.  Big name Atlas titles this gen are single platform for some reason.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Daroki
    @xyzygy said:
    " @neoepoch said:
    " @Daroki said:
    I think you are over estimating the Persona series popularity. I mean I love it, but word of mouth can only get it so far, and with so many people not being familiar with the Shin Megami Tensei name as they are with the Final Fantasy name I would bet it only got a marginal increase in sales if any.  But lets get serious, we all know it is going to be a PS2 game. Persona will be the swan song for the PS2, again....I hope it isn't being developed for the PS2. "
    Yeah you're right. The only reason I hear so much about Persona is because of Giantbomb, I actually don't really know anyone else who has played the game. I haven't either, I just know of it from here. "
    "Killing" is relative, as the game selling 1.5-2m copies worldwide would be consider a killing for a company like Atlus, although the same numbers would be a disappointment for Blizzard/Activision and Bungie.
    DelayTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By DelayTheSun

I don't care what platform it is released on, just release something. I am dying over here!

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By neoepoch
    @Daroki said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @neoepoch said:
    " @Daroki said:
    Yeah you're right. The only reason I hear so much about Persona is because of Giantbomb, I actually don't really know anyone else who has played the game. I haven't either, I just know of it from here. "
    "Killing" is relative, as the game selling 1.5-2m copies worldwide would be consider a killing for a company like Atlus, although the same numbers would be a disappointment for Blizzard/Activision and Bungie. "
    For a series that generally sells around half a million world wide (and that was on a console that is more popular world wide), I seriously doubt P5 would jump up to 1.5 to 2 million in sales.
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Daroki
    @neoepoch said:
    " @Daroki said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @neoepoch said:
    " @Daroki said:
    "Killing" is relative, as the game selling 1.5-2m copies worldwide would be consider a killing for a company like Atlus, although the same numbers would be a disappointment for Blizzard/Activision and Bungie. "
    For a series that generally sells around half a million world wide (and that was on a console that is more popular world wide), I seriously doubt P5 would jump up to 1.5 to 2 million in sales. "
    Also P4 was on a console which was more than 2 years out of "current gen" .  I don't think it'd hit 1.5m-2m either, but 1m isn't out of the realm of possibility if only Atlus can figure out some better distribution plan for Europe which is where they're really getting killed.  (P4 did about 280K in Japan, 320K in America, and 30K in Europe according to VGChartz, which isn't tremendously accurate, but as good as I can get on short notice.)
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By SpiralStairs

" In September 2009, Shoji Meguro, a member of Atlus, was listed in Sony's site as the producer on Persona 5 exclusively for the PlayStation 3 "

That's straight out of Wikipedia.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SpiralStairs: That was later said to have just been a mistake, so it doesn't confirm anything.  We don't actually know if the composer will become the producer.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Sooty

When you consider that Catherine is coming out on both 360 and PS3 it seems very likely that Persona 5 will go down the same route.

I hope they do that anyway, truth be told I'm perfectly fine with it coming out on PS2 again, though one thing that would be awesome is reduced loading times by installing it to a hard drive. (ala 360/PS3)

Edit: plus if they want it to sell better it's a no brainer to bring it to 360 too, they might even use the engine from Catherine so the framework will be there.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By Ursus_Veritas
    @Ygg: Yup, that makes the most sense now. Assuming they'll use Catherine's engine - and I hope they do, the Persona artstyle looks bloody gorgeous in it! - P5 will probably be a 360/PS3 multiplatform title.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Catolf
    @Ursus_Veritas said:
    " @Ygg: Yup, that makes the most sense now. Assuming they'll use Catherine's engine - and I hope they do, the Persona artstyle looks bloody gorgeous in it! - P5 will probably be a 360/PS3 multiplatform title. "
    it might make the most sense but it call comes down to how Catherine will sell. If it sells poorly being a multiplatform they will no doubt return to one console only and toss this up as a failed experiment.  Right here is Atlus first shot at a next gen system/s and it matters how it will go, thus all the hype surrounding Catherine..  So the best thing that can happen is them getting really good sales from Japan (and hopefully the states) which will more than likely get you a multiplatform release of persona 5.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sooty
    @Catolf said:
    " @Ursus_Veritas said:
    " @Ygg: Yup, that makes the most sense now. Assuming they'll use Catherine's engine - and I hope they do, the Persona artstyle looks bloody gorgeous in it! - P5 will probably be a 360/PS3 multiplatform title. "
    it might make the most sense but it call comes down to how Catherine will sell. If it sells poorly being a multiplatform they will no doubt return to one console only and toss this up as a failed experiment.  Right here is Atlus first shot at a next gen system/s and it matters how it will go, thus all the hype surrounding Catherine..  So the best thing that can happen is them getting really good sales from Japan (and hopefully the states) which will more than likely get you a multiplatform release of persona 5. "
    Day one purchase for me at least, gotta support these guys!
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Catolf
    @Ygg said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @Ursus_Veritas said:
    it might make the most sense but it call comes down to how Catherine will sell. If it sells poorly being a multiplatform they will no doubt return to one console only and toss this up as a failed experiment.  Right here is Atlus first shot at a next gen system/s and it matters how it will go, thus all the hype surrounding Catherine..  So the best thing that can happen is them getting really good sales from Japan (and hopefully the states) which will more than likely get you a multiplatform release of persona 5. "
    Day one purchase for me at least, gotta support these guys! "
    thats the best thing you can do, the more suppose the more multiplatform love you'll get. So if you don't buy Catherine and it has poor sales, no one can sit and bitch about persona 5 not being multiplatform because you should have supported their experimental work. *nod*
    Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Moridin

I would kill someone for a fully HD Persona 5 on my 360. I am totally looking forward to Catherine, as well.  (Okay, maybe I wouldn't kill someone - but I'd hit someone real hard.)

Then again, I just had an insane thought... Persona 5... 3DS?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Moridin said:
    " I would kill someone for a fully HD Persona 5 on my 360. I am totally looking forward to Catherine, as well.  (Okay, maybe I wouldn't kill someone - but I'd hit someone real hard.) Then again, I just had an insane thought... Persona 5... 3DS? "
    Given the track record Atlus has for making their games on portable hardware. Probably!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.