Released in 2004 Showdown: Legends of Wrestling was part of the Legends of Wrestling series published by Acclaim Entertainment.
It came out on the Playstation 2 and XBOX.
The game featured virtually all the wrestlers in Legends of Wrestling II and also had a new batch for you to control.
The new wrestlers featured:
- Showdown Challenge
- Quick Play
- Match Play
- Create a Legend
- Singles 1 vs 1
- Hardcore 1 vs 1
- Tag Team 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, 3 way, 4 way
- 30 min Ironman Match
- First Blood
- 2 out of 3 falls
- 1 on 1 Tournament (up to 16 players)
- Tag Team Tournament (up to 8 teams)
- 3 way dance (3 person elimination match)
- 4 way dance (4 person elimination match)
- Battle Royal
- Cage match
- Ladder match
- Table match
The Showdown Challenge mode allows you to fight your way through the 70's, 80's and 90's eras of wrestling where you face superstars from those specific periods. Your ultimate goal in this mode is to become the Showdown Champion.