Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shuhei Yoshida

Person » credited in 113 games

Shuhei Yoshida is currently the President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios which oversees all first party development studios. He has been with the company since 1986 and is noted as both a software developer and corporate executive.

Shuhei Yoshida's Personal Top Ten PlayStation GotG

• 54 results
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

@aegon: If you're asking if there's a moment where they thought, "now we will make the player feel loss", then no, but the theme of loss runs as a undercurrent throughout the entire game and is punctuated in a way unique to every player based on their co-op experience.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Man Journey is fucking awesome. It's just about the only game that really managed to poke out the heavy emotional responses from me. All the general choices for (I cried/so emotional/so deep)- games feel so bland, but Journey is the real fucking deal.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By golguin

@aegon said:

@demoskinos: @starvinggamer: The only reason I ask is because of Shu's reaction to it. I wanted to know if there was an intential moment or moments where loss would be felt rather than it being a possibility.

The moment is only a possibility if he's referring to what I'm thinking about. It depends on having a coop partner at the right moment, they have to be next to you, and you have to notice them.

He might also be referring to the moment right after that (it happens by yourself as well) or the ending sequence.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@mooncake said:

@geraltitude: Thank you for sharing, the last part made me tear up. I'm starting to really respect the faces of PS4 (Shu and Boyes) and how the industry is trying to become more transparent and personal whether I like their products or not.

Thanks duder - yeah, it's definitely a tear jerker at the end. I was instantly brought back to a few years ago when my girlfriend's grandmother passed away. You can tell so easily how much Shu's gran must have meant to him. While executives and brand personalities might not sway sales that strongly, I think it has some kind of affect - at least so far as respect goes. Whether it's smoke and mirrors or not I get the feeling much of Sony PlayStation really does just love games, and that's some kind of bonus, no doubt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.