Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The second expansion to Civilization V brings a revamped trade model, a brand new culture and tourism mechanic, two new scenarios, and a plethora of new Civilizations.

I need help with getting a culture victory

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xanadu

So I've been working on a game with the intent of achieving a culture victory and I'm pretty confused about what I need to do do next. I thought the main way to win with culture is to achieve influential culture status with all remaining civs in the game. I just did that but I still haven't won? Here is a screen shot:

No Caption Provided

Im playing as France and you can see that I have 6 out of 6...sooooo???? Idk if there is something else I am suppose to be doing or if I just have to wait a certain amount of turns? Any help would be appreciated.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

It does appear you have the conditions for a culture victory. Normally, as soon as you become Influential over the last civ you need, you don't even have to take a turn because at the start of that turn it immediately shows you the Culture Victory screen. But also, you're at 2098, and under normal circumstances the winner is decided in the year 2050 by score if no other victory condition has been achieved.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/2050_AD

I think there's an option before you start the game to disable score victory (because it does feel kinda lame compared to the actual victory conditions). Did you check this option? If you did, then I guess you have a weird bug.

If not, then you might have already won the game on score at 2050 AD, and clicked the "keep playing" button, but all subsequent turns are for funsies and the game expects you to just quit at some point once you get bored. I've never done it, but once you click "keep playing" I'm guessing that the game doesn't bother notifying you when you achieve victory conditions because victory was already awarded by score. I'm guessing that a few turns ago, the game might have given you some small notification about you being influential over the last civ, but it didn't pop the culture victory screen at that time because that particular game has already shown you the score victory screen.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bisonhero: ah daaaaaamn. I did not do that :( I didnt even realize that was a thing. Im guessing another Civ won the game because I didnt see that screen come up either. Is there still a way to check who won in the game?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@xanadu: I'm not sure there is? If you go into Load Game, make sure you check "show auto saves" and try to find an auto save somewhere right before 2050 AD? I think in Civ 5, there is a default auto save every like...20 turns? I think it overwrites the auto saves eventually, but you can adjust auto save settings somewhere in the menu.

Anyway, if you have an auto save around 2050, you can play it out again and see what happens at 2050 (it should pop up a fairly prominent screen with a globe and the word "Civilization" with narration where he says something like "Well, you didn't triumph in any particular way, but you survived and we had to make somebody the winner"). If you lost he pretty clearly says you lost and it shows a picture of a desert with some broken statues. Regardless of which screen, you get options of "Exit to main menu" or "Just one more turn" which means continue playing as long as you want even though victory was already decided. I think you don't get the one more turn button if your civ was completely eradicated by military.

The score victory is decided by that number you see on the diplomacy screen beside each Civ (usually between 500-3000). It's the overall total value of all your science, culture, money, wonders, land, cities, population, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.