Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization IV

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 25, 2005

The fourth official installment of the empire-building turn-based strategy game Sid Meier's Civilization, adding 3D graphics, a simpler user interface, and numerous gameplay enhancements.

One More Turn

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I'd always heard of people using this phrase to describe this game, and I figured it was used lightly.  It's just about 1:00 AM, and I've been playing for four hours.  I actually didn't even realize the time.  What's the most amount of time you've played this for a single session?

DreamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DreamR

6 hours. But that's nothing compared to the amount of time I consistently lost in earlier civ games, where a six hour session was considered short, and the norm was around 9 hours without a break (except to grab food/drink or go to toilet).

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

I've played it roughly nine or so hours straight before.

PitifullPete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By PitifullPete

I can't really remember, but I'm pretty shure I played it at least once for a whole day. Which is 12-14 hours or something.

To buy Civ IV  special edition with the 2 expensions is one of the best investments anyone has evermade in humankind.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

Back in college, my roomates would just set up the game so when I got home, it was my turn already.

God I didn't sleep from Friday til Sunday.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

I haven't played any of the Civ games but I have played Alpha Centauri... I've had my share of "one more turn..." moments.

GamesWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By GamesWarden

Bought Civ 4 with Beyond Sword and Warlords recently. Wanted a slightly older game that would run well on my laptop. Can't believe I didn't pick this up earlier, never played a game so addictive.

My sessions are typically not shorter than 3-4 hours, longest was probably about 8 hours, but not sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.