Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Steam Issues

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Turambar

Ever since installing Civ V on the new pc, when I try to load it up via Steam, it would plant me on the little "updating news"  screen.   And after a few minutes, the text "game ready to launch in 3 hours" would pop up.  Now, I haven't used steam before (though I somehow have an account which is still confusing me), but I'm pretty sure that's not normal.  My internet connection is working fine and I haven't found any other issues with the newly built pc other than one other, which is Starcraft 2's profile screens taking a long, long time to load.

Does anyone else have similar issues or know exactly what's up?  I'm getting the feeling its because of Windows 7 since I didn't have any issues with SC2 on my old pc other than needing to run everything on low.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By infininja

I'm not even sure what the little updating news screen is.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mosdl

Right click on Civ 5 -> Properties -> Local Files - > Verify integrity.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Turambar
    @Infininja:
    No Caption Provided
    Its this one.  Give it about 10 minutes and the "preparing to launch Sid Meier's Civlization V" up top turns into "Civilization V will be ready to launch in (3 hours)"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.