Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Two new DLC packs coming up.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

They sure are nickel and diming the shit out of this motherfucker. These are Facebook-Links. So I am not sure if they work.

Korean Civ + Japan Invasion Scenario

Wonder Pack (3 Wonders) + Ancient World Scenario

No word on when they are available.

From the 2kK Forums: Both of these packs will release Thursday, August 11. Each of the add-ons will cost $4.99, or you can buy them both together for $7.49.

PS: Will buy all of that. Like the old one. I love this game to hell and back. I know it is a bit retarded, I just hate the CivIV "stack of doom" so much.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeeGee

A new civilization? Take my money!

Three new buildings? This shit better be free.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

The Korean civ should be fascinating. Not sure how I feel about the wonders pack, but if it's a buck or so, I'll buy it.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fripplebubby

At least they are putting out content, even if it's not all amazing. New civs are cool.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ryanwho

Its just too few and far between. Let me know when they bundle it all up and sell it for 20 dollars. I just can't be compelled to spend that kind of money on Hawaii or Korea and an hour scenario. 
    Especially when it basically just means Songhai's got one other ass to whip.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

They really need to stop nickel and diming people for this content and instead just put out a legitimate expansion pack that adds new mechanics in addition to new civs and scenarios. Beyond the Sword was pretty great for Civ IV.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Are people still playing this game?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wuddel

I only play the single player. And yeah. I still love it. All the patches they put out really benefitted the gameplay.

@ArbitraryWater: I fear the age of expansion packs is over. Blizzard is the only real exception. They are charging premium though.

Post from the 2K forums:

Two new DLCs available this Thursday: Korea, and Wonders of the Ancient World
    Good morning forumers! Next week, you’ll be able to get your hands on two new add-on packs for Civilization V.
    The first is Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea, which allows you to play as Sejong, King of the Choson Dynasty as the leader of the Korean civilization. The scenario begins with Toyotomi Hideyoshi having just unified Japan, and is looking towards Korea to expand his empire. In the scenario you can play as Korea, China, Manchuria, or Japan.
    The second is something a bit different than we’ve done in the past: Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack. This add-on adds three new early-game wonders to the game: The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, the Statue of Zeus, and the Temple of Artemis. The scenario is a race between the civilizations to be the greatest builder of the Wonders of the Ancient World.
    Both of these packs will release Thursday, August 11. Each of the add-ons will cost $4.99, or you can buy them both together for $7.49.
    I'm sure this news is going to make some of you ask about a potential patch. There is a patch coming. It is not necessarily releasing before this DLC, but I am getting the current patch notes together for you and I'll post a separate thread as soon as I have the info. Please don't use this thread to ask about the patch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.