Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live the Life

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 22, 2004

Remake of the original Sid Meier's pirates, placing you in the role of a pirate searching for his kidnapped family. Battle rival pirates on the high seas and command an ever-growing crew of pirates as you work towards becoming a legendary pirate.

Great game!

PitifullPete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PitifullPete

Just picked this one up. After my first session: Great Game. Did Sid Meier ever make a bad game? It's a little bit shallow from it's concepts, but since there are so many little diversions it's quite worthwile. The only thing sucks is that I need to find a way to remap the keys, since  I'm playing on a laptop. 

In the beginning it is laughably easy, but the diffculty ramps up quite quickly. The first time I didn't get the glowing signs in the dancing mini game I was helplessly lost. Anyone else still playing this, or just begun? 
    Suby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suby

It's a good game, but it gets old after a while.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I love it. I actually downloaded it as an Xbox Original because I was slow in picking up the Xbox version and then later it became rare and I could only find it with pretty steep prices. When you're playing on the hardest difficulty, the game gets pretty ridiculously hard. I'm actually still playing it. I was ranked #5 overall on Xbox Live many years ago in this game, and now I'm planning on getting back up there. Great game. It's definitely much deeper than it initially seems.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Gunner

Its been on my computer for years and i still come back to it every now and then.

Brym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Brym

For me, this is a great one to return to every few months and do a quick career.  It's always a good time.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By DJ_Lae

Great game. There's not a whole lot to do in it, and it does grow old after a while (especially if you play it in huge chunks like me), but occasionally I get an urge to go back and a single playthrough doesn't take too long.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

This reminds me. I need to get back on my quest of Sid Meier's Pirates Xbox Live domination!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rowr

Despite them trying to kill my enjoyment for it with its stupid style and lack of depth and decent gameplay in areas (xbox version), i still love it.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By oldschool

I really want to love this game, but I still can't get into my PSP version.  Funny thing is, I am still looking seriously at a PC version.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138

Got this on steam today ... great game

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Jedted

I bought this on Xbox live games-on-demand and i love it!  It's simple and does get old after a while but it's fun sail around capturing ships, climbing to the top of the "Most Notorias Pirates" list, and ofcorse finding burried treasure. 

I hope they make a new one with more variaty and more rewards for doing pirate like activities. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.