Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Railroads!

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 17, 2006

Sid Meier's Railroads! is a tycoon simulation game which allows you to play 19th-20th century railroad baron and become the captain of industry while enjoying the great playground that is unfettered capitalism and vertical monopoly.

Sid Meier's Railroads 2

Rudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rudy

Dear Sid,

I know the GB crew has committed you to making Sid Meier's Sim Golf 2, but I would like to make a plea for Sid Meier's Railroads 2. Fuck Ryan Davis! Sid Meier's Railroads 2! :) Gosh this game is still great.

For anyone who may be interested in revisiting this great game, it's working fine for me in Win7. Run in XP Compatibility mode and then run a tool to add the LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE header to the executable (http://smrsimple.com/2009/12/play-larger-maps-3gb-enabler). Runs like a champ.

Rudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rudy

So if anyone ever finds themselves here hoping to learn how to get the multiplayer to work in this game using an online LAN or VPN solution I'll provide some tips that I recently used to get this to work. In the past I had used a utility called Hamachi. This product was purchased by LogMeIn and for networks with 5 or less users it's still free. However, we were unable to get this utility to work. From the multiplayer games list we could never see each other's games even though we could ping each other via Hamachi.

We eventually stumbled upon a Hamachi alternative called Tunngle (http://www.tunngle.net/). I won't lie. The client UI is atrocious and the ads are very annoying. However, after just a few minutes of tinkering with it we actually got Tunngle to work and we were able to successfully, host and join each other's games and play for several hours without any issues. Some tips that may be helpful include prioritizing the Tunngle network adapter to be in the 1st position (followed by your actual LAN network adapters). Additionally, we noticed once entering the private room (where Tunngle creates your private network) that we couldn't see a ping for each other. We actually left the room and came back and found the ping working. From that point on we were golden.

It's amazing how much fun we had playing a 6+ year old game last night. Sid Meier's Railroads is one heckuva game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.