Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 24, 2001

James Sunderland tries to locate his wife in the eponymous town of Silent Hill in the first sequel to the 1999 PlayStation horror game. It is the first installment of the Silent Hill series on the PlayStation 2.

Worth playing multiple Playthroughs for the Endings?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

So I just beat it for the first time tonight, couple days shy of finishing it before Halloween but whatever, and ended up with the "In Water" ending...not the one I was going for, nor did I even release I was giving off the vibe of suicidal tendencies. Anyways I kinda want to check out the other 2 main endings, specifically the Maria one. Is it worth it? Does the game change with my decisions or is it just the ending that is really the only difference? If that is the case then I'll just stick with my goal of playing a SH game every Halloween and go for one of the other endings in a year.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kogasu

I got the same ending when I first played the game. If I remember correctly, it doesn't really change at all if you go for another ending. Depending on which ending you are going for, the only thing that will really change is the dialogue between you and the final boss and the identity of it. It's still the same boss fight Also, on your second playthrough there are some extra items that you can get, special weapons depending on your rank of the last playthrough, secret items to get another ending and extra options but that's about it.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By icicle7x3

You haven't lived until you have experienced the "Dog" ending.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nightriff

@Icicle7x3: More interested in the UFO one

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Canteu

You could just watch them on youtube.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

@Icicle7x3 said:

You haven't lived until you have experienced the "Dog" ending.

Agreed.

I played through the game on the first Xbox and got all the endings including the Dog ending. I did it because I LOVED that game and still do. If you don't have the time to do it though, YouTube is your next best option.

In my opinion, the In Water ending is my favorite.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Voxus

I think the leave ending is the most fulfilling. Also, overdose delusion.

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By therabidfrog

Considering you can beat it in under 4 hours if you know what you're doing it's not "not" worth it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

You live in a world where all of those endings are a few keystrokes away. Then again, I dunno. Does Silent Hill give you a rocket launcher if you beat it in under 3 hours?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightriff

@ArbitraryWater: Chainsaw better than a rocket launcher?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@TheUnsavedHero agreed. In Water ending is the most tonally appropriate. James came to Silent Hill to kill himself with his dead wife in the car. The entire game serving as his last penance and the sparks of his drowning mind erupting. For a series inspired by Jacob's Ladder, this was the most appropriate ending, and goes about it even better than that movie did (and far better than Silent Hill 1). It's not fear of the unknown, it's conscious repression and fear of the known. Angela and Eddie's ends reinforce it; violence and suffering in equal regard. James is suffering from violence to alleviate suffering, it only follows that he do the same for himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.