Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Downpour

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

The eighth game in the esteemed survival-horror franchise sees convict Murphy Pendleton escape captivity and flee into the much greater danger of the cursed town of Silent Hill.

Is the patch out yet?

Icebuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Icebuncle

I bought this game a while ago, soon after Konami had announced that they would release patch for it and SH HD. I decided to wait for the patch to be released before playing it but I haven't been able to find any recent information regarding the date of the patch. I'm wondering if it is released yet or if I should wait a bit longer?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

@Icebuncle: There has been no news about it since they announced the patches at the end of April. So my guess is they hope we forget they said that or something.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Zleunamme

I haven't loaded up Downpour in last few weeks. Wouldn't the game prompt you if an update was available? The update before announcement didn't do anything. I'm at awe how awful that Vita game--SH: Book of Memories--is. I saw some of the screen shots through their facebook page. I don't know why they even bother calling it a Silent Hill game. The multiplayer focus for that franchise is a huge mistake. I'm with , Konami was hoping that we forget about it.

Icebuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Icebuncle

I haven't even opened the game yet and I figured that if I loaded it up and there was an update I wouldn't know if it was just the pre-announcement one or the one that is supposed to fix the bigger issues.

I'm looking forward to playing this game (even if I know it won't be close to as good as the older SH games) but I heard that the frame rates get really bad. Since there haven't been any news about the patch at all I might play it and hope the issues won't be too bad.

And yes, the Vita game looks terrible. It seems like they had a new game concept and just put the SH name on it to sell more copies.

Thanks for the info guys!

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By galiant

@Icebuncle said:

I'm looking forward to playing this game (even if I know it won't be close to as good as the older SH games) but I heard that the frame rates get really bad. Since there haven't been any news about the patch at all I might play it and hope the issues won't be too bad.

I never had any issues with the frame rate (PS3), you should give it a try instead of waiting for a patch!

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By themartyr

I just started playing it tonight, and there was no update. So that looks like a definite no.

Icebuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Icebuncle

According to this article, the xbox version has finally been patched.

The PS3 version should get the patch in "the coming weeks". They took their sweet time, but better late than never I guess...

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cannonballbam

I had an update about a week ago for the 360 version. Ran fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.