Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill HD Collection

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

The second and third Silent Hill games come to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Silent Hill HD Collection with new high-definition graphics and voice acting.

PS3 issues at launch

vidiots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiots

-stuttering

-freezing

-framerate is all over the place

-lip syncing is off in cutscenes

-music audibly stops and re-starts during cutscenes

-I make James run and without changing what I'm doing, he will walk, go back to running, walk, etc.

Aparently patch is coming in a few days to weeks

http://www.gamepur.com/news/7474-patch-silent-hill-hd-collection-ps3-version-coming-details-revealed.html

richardg234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By richardg234

Patch has already been released for PS3

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Morrow

I wonder if the european release will have the same issues... our release date is March 29th.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shivermetimbers

The patch didn't do jack shit. The framerate is all over the place, audio cuts in and out, the fog is a joke (you can see the line that separates it from the ground texture), and the game lost it's atmospheric appeal because the HD effect makes it more crisp and areas that were once frightening to explore have now lost their ability to create unease.

Disappointing to say the least.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

humm can't say i've noticed these issues except for the running one. It's sooo annoying. You'll just stop and start walking for no reason. Didn't know it was a bug tho.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By StrikeALight

Yeah...cancelled pre-order. If this is just another inferior (by which I mean exclusive) PS3 port, I am going to be fucking pissed.

Saw some comparison shots during the lake scene in SH2, the PS2 original somehow manages to look far superior. Ditto with the fairground intro to SH3.

Really dissapointed they managed to do such a shitty job with this so-called 'HD' collection. The SH savants are going to have a field day with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I was wondering about that running thing. I thought it was my sticky controller. Doesn't happen with 2D controls.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

Are these also present in the 360 version? That's the version I'm getting and I really hope these issues aren't there as well.

Lazlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Lazlow

@xyzygy said:

Are these also present in the 360 version? That's the version I'm getting and I really hope these issues aren't there as well.

I'm wondering the same thing. From what I've seen most of the problems specifically mention the PS3 version. Not to say there hasn't been mention of the problems shared between the two platforms but generally there is little or no mention about the 360. If you compare amazon customer reviews all of the discussion and reviews are under the PS3 version. 360 is virtually empty of discussion. Again not a great indicator but there still isn't a lot to go on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.