Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill HD Collection

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

The second and third Silent Hill games come to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Silent Hill HD Collection with new high-definition graphics and voice acting.

So should I just find some PS2 copies rather than this?

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Dreamfall31

I just finished the original Silent Hill since it was free on Playstation Plus and I loved the hell out of it. It took a bit to get used to because of the graphics and controls, but I really enjoyed it a ton! I even went back and did the UFO ending!

I was looking forward to getting the HD collection, but from the Amazon reviews and some threads here it seems like the HD collection is a pile of shit. Should I just find some PS2 copies on eBay rather than getting this? Are there patches in the works to fix the problems the game has? I don't mind the graphics thing as I got used to it in SH1, but it woulda looked a bit nicer if it were HD-ified. I was hoping the HD collection was good since most games from last gen don't look too good on HD-tvs.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

Nah son, get the Xbox version of Silent Hill 2.

Iron_Guard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Iron_Guard

Get it for PC if you can, you'll be able to play it maxed out on any old out-dated hardware and they're pretty much identical to the ps2 releases.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

PC Versions would probably be the best. Even on an old-ass PC, Silent Hill 3 runs like a dream and looks at least as good, arguably better than the HD version, and without the glitches the collection introduced. 2 is similarly great on the PC, but I had a bit of trouble getting it to run correctly at first.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @FoxMulder: I have the hd collection and I havent had any serious issues. Silent Hill 2 ran nearly perfect for me. Silent Hill 3 does have some slowdown which is pretty tragic but I wouldnt say they are as bad as people make em out to be.
    Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@Iron_Guard said:

Get it for PC if you can, you'll be able to play it maxed out on any old out-dated hardware and they're pretty much identical to the ps2 releases.

Yeah, you'll be paying quite a bit more for the PC version though, prices seem pretty steep. That's most likely because the HD remakes just came out a while ago or because the game had a pretty limited run on PC. You're able to pick up the console versions for a fraction of the price if you don't want to pay around full price for a used PC version of SH2.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thechronodarkness

Save your money... Id personally say get 2 and 3 on the pc, since they run nicely. Now 2 isn't perfect... Sound bugs is all on my part. And you ahve to do a weee bit to get it on windows 7, but nothing too drastic.

Or get the xbox/ps2 versions. Xbox preferred of course, for the better hardware and higher settings.

See, the metal gear solid collection was perfect. Looked better than many current gen games, its that good. But then devil may cry hd, really didn't look all that much better than the originals. And the prerendered cutscenes actually look worse! And theres parts in silent hill 2 that just don't look right. No fog in spots there should be. Its decent. Worth maybe 20-30$. Otherwise? Get the other versions.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Dreamfall31

Thanks for the tips guys. I don't have a PC so I'll look around the net for PS2 copies. But I may just wait and see if the HD collection gets patched or something.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By AssInAss

I have the Xbox version of Silent Hill 2, that's pretty good.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By killacam

@FoxMulder said:

Thanks for the tips guys. I don't have a PC so I'll look around the net for PS2 copies. But I may just wait and see if the HD collection gets patched or something.

try and get the greatest hits version if you're going for ps2. it'll be more expensive, but it adds extra content to the storyline and is a super cool collector rarity.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I'll be the guy who says sure! They improved the sound and that's the most important part!

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By dichemstys

The patch helped out a lot for me with my issues on the PS3 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.