Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

An icy re-imagining of the classic Silent Hill, which trades weapons for frantic chase sequences as the player tries desperately to flee pursuing enemies. It takes on more of an adventure game format than traditional survival-horror.

Shattered Memories Gameplay Videos

• 55 results
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#51  Edited By Icemael
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Al3xand3r said:
    " I still don't see what attention you're talking about. Silent Hill always gets some attention regardless of platform. It's Silent Hill. I don't see any additional hype for this Wii game. I see lless if anything. There are many overrated games out there. Singling out one on a particular platform doesn't make a valid case for anything. Sorry. "
    You miss my point; I am not saying it's overrated. I'm saying I don't think it would have received as high scores on other platforms, not that I don't think it deserves the scores it got. "
    So you're essentially using the trite "It looks good for a Wii game" argument? "
    *facepalm*
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By Hailinel
    @Icemael: Hey, you're the one that opened yourself up to that one. :P
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Meowayne

Let me ask you something: If Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed II and all the other big 360 and PS3 games had been released on the Wii, do you think Shattered Memories would have gotten nearly as much attention as it has?

Yes. It's that good.
    I get your argument. If those games were released on the Wii, would - for example - No More Heroes 2 get the attention it gets? Probably not! But SH:SM is really that good and yes, it would get the same attention for being a worthy successor to SH2, which by many is regarded as one of the best games ever made.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Meowayne said:

If those games were released on the Wii, would - for example - No More Heroes 2 get the attention it gets?

Yup, considering it's not even remotely similar to any of those games and caters to a very different fanbase that's looking for different things. There may be overlap with all of them being so called hardcore games but I doubt anyone would choose one or the other, they'd likely get both eventually. They cover completely different entertainment purposes so it's not a question of one or the other, just as you don't choose between Final Fantasy and Halo. It's a niche game anyway, how much attention does it really get? Ok everyone likes talking about some of the zanny scenes and images but that would happen for any system. Ultimately it will have the attention of a niche brawler, no more. Still, saying if I had  AC2 (I will, eventually, for PC) I wouldn't care for No More Heroes 2 is quite the stretch. I mean, this extra attention comes from the impression the various media give, and they are most all multiplatform, so that they notice NMH has more to do with what it does than what system it does it on. You don't like the game and its flaws strike you more than its good parts but that's not how everyone feels. Between PC, Wii and PSP I have access to a vast library of titles and very much do care about No More Heroes. I think many other fans of the game are in the same boat, or would act the same if they were. You're basically presenting the same argument Icemael is except with a game you personally don't like as the victim. And I'm taking your role telling you you're wrong and the game would have the same attention on any system. After all, the port of the first game got quite a bit of coverage already (though I don't think it will translate to sales but we'll have to wait and see about that). It's talked about cos of how crazy it is, not cos of its platform.

...I could have just skipped this wall and said NMH is talked about because it's so crazy regardless of platform and quality (which I find great and you don't, irrelevant) so it's basically talked about because of the things it does just as you say SM is talked about for being a good SH game...
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Meowayne

The gamervision video review might be the best one yet.  If you're still unsure whether to get this game, take a look. Beware of slight gameplay spoilers.

Choices that you make during the actual game will also impact how the game ends, and with five different endings, there’s plenty of reason to go back and find out what you could have done differently. Shattered Memories’ story is chock full of great storytelling, and once you complete your first playthrough, you’ll either start a new game up immediately to see how well the game foreshadows the ending from the very beginning, or run into the next room to talk with a friend about how incredible the game was.  

[...]

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is without a doubt one of the year’s finest games, and is another example of a well made third-party game for the Wii. After witnessing what the developers were able to accomplish emotionally and psychologically, I’m convinced that there’s a whole new level of gameplay we gamers have yet to experience. Shattered Memories strips survival horror down to the bare essentials, and comes out as one of the strongest games in the genre’s history. It may not have much in common with its predecessors, but this  is one Silent Hill story that everyone should witness.

Review

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.