Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

An icy re-imagining of the classic Silent Hill, which trades weapons for frantic chase sequences as the player tries desperately to flee pursuing enemies. It takes on more of an adventure game format than traditional survival-horror.

Well I was enjoying it, until this...(glitch, no spoilers)

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Darkstar614

No Caption Provided
    This happened after I dialed a number on a poster. After the recording was finished I think i hit the Minus button to close the Phone, and now it's locked up here. I can walk around but I can't interact with anything, zoom in, nor run.

I tried just about everything, unplugging controller/nunchuck. No dice. This is disappointing as hell because I hadn't saved in like an hour or maybe more.

If anyone else has had this happen, post please. I want to know if it was just in this room or that specific phone number that triggers it. So that others can be warned.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rallier

I've read that there is one point in the game that that it has a tendency to bug out so that might very well be what you've just experienced.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Yes, this is the game's fault. It is said to have glitched and frozen for a number of people, including me.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darkstar614

I got back to this part again but ended up going a different way entirely, bypassing this room. I've been more diligent about saving so I shouldn't have to worry too much. But it's a shame that the game shipped like this...

Really liking it though. It's amazing how much differently the first section played out for me as opposed to the way it did in the Quick Look. The game gets in your head!

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By newmarcom

I must of been fortunate as I passed though that spot without any complications.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne
    @newmarcom said:

" I must of been fortunate as I passed though that spot without any complications. "

There are no spots that are glitchy by default, when the game froze on me I replayed the part exactly the same and nothing happened. I guess this is just sloppy over overladen code, they did seem to have written this game from the scratch after all.

In 99% of cases, there will be no glitches or freezes with this game. But it has happened now for a few people, so everyone playing this game should just save often. Fortunatly, you can save whenever you want.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jack268

This isn't a glitch, its a way to freak you out even more!

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Kiemoe

You didn't glitch the game, the game glitched you!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.