Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hills

Game » consists of 0 releases.

What was to be a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise for the PS4 involving Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus, was officially cancelled on April 27, 2015. The 'PT' demo of the game has also been taken off PSN.

P.T. Anyone try this yet? (WE KNOW WHAT THIS IS NOW)

• 136 results
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Some girl on twitch got to the end somehow and figured it out, this is huge news, under spoiler tags below.

HOLY CRAP some girl on twitch just finished it IT IS A NEW SILENT HILL BY KOJIMA STARRING NORMAN REEDUS with GUILLERO DEL TORO.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljvfizyuJ31qixleeo1_400.gif

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@chaser324 said:

OK. So, I guess P.T. literally just stands "Playable Teaser". I'm just going to change the title in the wiki to Silent Hill for the time being.

Kojima loves doing shit that wrecks the Giant Bomb wiki (see Ground Zeroes / The Phantom Pain).

Isn't the name "Silent Hills"?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#53 chaser324  Moderator
    AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By AMyggen

@chaser324 As for the Wiki, I would argue that we don't know if these two guys are directing/writing the game, or just acting as producers. But oh well.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@voxus: Some of Downpour was very interesting. A lot of things were considerate of the past games (Talking about the Boogieman, characters from past games running around) and if the execution wasn't so flawed, I might have liked it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1:16:00 for the moment she finishes it. Gotta admit, that's a fuckin brilliant reveal. Got bonafide chills. That music!!

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't give two shits about Norman Reedus but new Silent Hill from people who make good games dear God. I'm glad I got my Xbone preorder out of the way for a PS4.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Nice one! Although, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the final name either. I bet it gets a dumb subtitle before too long.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the free P.T. thing on PSN..... do the screenshots show a game similar to Scott Pilgrim for anyone else? Because that was really awkward at first when I saw that on the store and then I see on news sites showing pictures of the game and its not the same thing at all

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I will SO play a silent hill game made by Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what to feel yet, I like Silent Hill but the last one was terrible as far as I'm concerned.
    But man, Daryl from the Walking Dead, that is awesome. The guy who did Pacific Rim, that is awesome.
    But I just don't like the story telling in Metal Gear, at all, not even in a "it is just not for me" way but in a "I think this is horrible" way.
    So I'm hopeing Del Toro has more story input then Hideo.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damn Patrick found out about it being Silent Hill, was hoping he wouldn't find out until he played it during Spookin', would have been so great to see the surprise on his face when it is revealed. Think I'll wait until the Spookin' to see it there first though.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CaLe

What I played didn't feel anything like a Silent Hill game, but hell it was definitely interesting. I look forward to seeing what this ends up being.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#64  Edited By fobwashed

@xite said:

Is there anything that merits the screaming that lady was doing in the teaser?

Someone is playing on GameSpot live and she reacted like this... so prolly?

No Caption Provided

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheHT

@fobwashed said:

@xite said:

Is there anything that merits the screaming that lady was doing in the teaser?

Someone is playing on GameSpot live and she reacted like this... so prolly?

No Caption Provided

LOL oh god, what's this from?

edit: nevermind, found it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This shit is terrifying. I don't think I've ever played any strictly horror games (I've played the likes of Resident Evil 4 or Dead Space, which I assume aren't the same at all), but I never thought that I would get much of a reaction from them. Maybe P.T.'s the exception, but this is scary as all hell, with my heart rate going up and my palms becoming sweaty. It doesn't help that it's really convoluted, so you have to stay stuck for periods at a time listening to a baby crying in a hanging, bloody baby coffin all while I'm going insane.

I don't think I'll be able to finish this. I'll have to watch someone else play.

mr__kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got as far as some lady jumping me and killing me, screamed like a bitch, then tried to go at it again, but I didn't know what to do after that and I kept hearing whispers and the sun is going down...and...and...gonna go put on a Disney movie or something...

Horror games aren't my thing, but I decided I'd give this a go, just so I could be part of conversations. I don't think im gonna finish it though, so I hope Patrick plays through it.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The atmosphere in P.T. is pretty amazing. There are all these little details that totally mess with your head and put you on edge.

The hype is real.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who is pretty desensitized to horror games and movies this was the first thing in a very long time to get under my skin pretty good. However it stopped being scary when I spent hours trying to figure out the last part of the game. I'm still not sure what I did exactly to get the ending but other than that it was pretty damn cool.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Mary at Gamespot is legitimately driving herself insane.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By stryker1121

Is Spookin' With Scoops down for anyone else? No vid, no chat for me, and I wanted to see this game. I demand answers!!!!

PopeAnonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that demo sucked. Good atmosphere, but the demo is a waste of time. Running in circles for an hour and a half, not fun. Yes, I knew what to look for in the unending hall, it just never materialized for me. Really badly executed demo.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@popeanonymous: teaser*

Who knows if the actual game will be anything like this.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gotta tell you, not sure if I've seen everything I'm supposed to see but this "game" is messing me up. Chills, high anxiety, goosebumps. Every time I start to turn I wince. Not sure I can handle a full game of this type.

PopeAnonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@fluxwavez: @vanick: Im right there with you guys. I beat Outlast and got really close to beating both Amnesia games (admittedly chickened out of the first one and just kinda lost interest in the second). Along with that I played both Silent Hill 2 and 3 so Ive gone through my fair share of scary video games but this is a whole new level. I think the sound design along with the damn thing looking nearly photorealsitc in some sections is really gettin to me. I feel absolute dread the entire time I play it and honestly haven't been able to get too far. I plan on finishing it but my god I need a break, it is definitely one of the scariest pieces of media I have consumed in a very long time. Well done Kojima, well done.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yep. Not sleeping tonite.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing idea for a teaser/conceptual demo/prequel to a game, but given how dragged down the game gets with its puzzle solving element, sucking all tension out of the game to a comical level, I sure hope the developers learn from the demo as much as the players do.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb said:

Amazing idea for a teaser/conceptual demo/prequel to a game, but given how dragged down the game gets with its puzzle solving element, sucking all tension out of the game to a comical level, I sure hope the developers learn from the demo as much as the players do.

Once again. Teaser, not a demo. This game will not be like this, and you probably won't play in a First Person view.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheHT

@andrewb: Yeah, I think it can be safely added to the list of great video game demos. Well, maybe great is pushing it. But it's definitely neat.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AndrewB

@turboman: Not gameplay. Concept. Ridiculous pixel-find puzzles sap away the tension when they become frustrating and take so long that the magic and scariness behind the "monster" is ruined. Just saying that I hope that doesn't carry over. I don't actually think it will because it was more of a thing to make unlocking the secret behind the teaser a challenge.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@turboman said:

@andrewb said:

Once again. Teaser, not a demo. This game will not be like this, and you probably won't play in a First Person view.

Although parts of Silent Hill 4 did take place in first-person.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Played through this until I got killed by the zombie lady. Unsure if the game was simply restarting or not, I read this thread just enough to find out there is some more stuff in the teaser. I unpaused the game, went through about 5 more loops through the hallway and nothing changed, couldn't get into the bathroom, etc. So I called it quits. Great atmosphere, but a bit too obtuse. I've never found the Silent Hill games particularly interesting or scary in the past, but the atmosphere of this has me interested. Really hope the gameplay part is a bit more fleshed out, though.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone figured out what 204863 means?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By turboman

@andrewb: Yeah, I think the only reason for this to exist is to reveal itself.

That and the end of the teaser flat out tells you that.

No Caption Provided

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dussck

Oh shit! Just woke up and read this thread, am I awake or still dreaming? YES! This is a dream coming true for me! I wanted another (Japanese) Silent Hill and here we go. What a dreamteam.
    I felt there was something odd about Kojima appearing on stage for that silly MGS demo! What a way to announce a game, man. For me this feels like The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and Half Life 3 were announced at the same day.

Damn, I'm losing it!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Corevi

Has anyone figured out what 204863 means?

It's a hexadecimal number that represents a darkish blue. That's all I've got.

No Caption Provided

SebastianSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some amazing stuff happens in this game, but there's just too much nothing overall. My friends and I played this for two and a half hours and eventually just couldn't get anything new to happen and never reached the ending/trailer. If the actual game can be this fascinating without the 20-30 minute stretches of boredom it could be incredible.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@sebastiansb: As others have said, it's very doubtful that any aspects of the actual gameplay will carry over into the actual game. If anything remains consistent, it's probably far more likely to be the tone and atmosphere.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#90  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

What am I supposed to do when the clock strike midnight?

Edit: Never mind. I actually had to watch the clock.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent 6 hours slamming my nuts in the fridge trying to find a discernible solution to the final puzzle.

Norman pls.

buddhasearlobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

What a god damn cool way to announce your game! Got to the part where you're running around and every picture has spinning eyes, and had no idea what to do next. I had to leave for the movies so I couldn't continue. Quite scary and very atmospheric, though, from what I did play.

And yeah it was awesome to find out that this is a new Silent Hill with Kojima and Del Toro's names on it. Starring Norman Reedus too! Never thought I'd say this about a new Silent Hill game, but I'm really excited for the full game.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now my flashlight changes colors whenever I enter a room. Do I just keep going?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: Did you complete the picture?

Um... not sure if you want spoilers. I mean I know the answer but I'll be vague for now.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@cornbredx said:

@sethphotopoulos: Did you complete the picture?

Um... not sure if you want spoilers. I mean I know the answer but I'll be vague for now.

I don't even know what you're talking about.

Edit: I see it now

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: The picture is by the digital clock near the entrance when the house resets- it's an incomplete picture of a lady with writing on it.You complete it by finding pieces of the picture around the house.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: The picture is by the digital clock near the entrance when the house resets- it's an incomplete picture of a lady with writing on it.You complete it by finding pieces of the picture around the house.

I can't find 'em all. I've been back and forth at least ten times and I only found three. Two by the clock and one with all the meds.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how there seem to be dozens of ways to get through this, yet no one really seems to understand how they managed to do it.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By cornbredx

@sethphotopoulos: There is one on the staircase that goes down towards the door that will reset the house.The other is on a rafter just as you round the first corner- side facing the main foyer as opposed to the side facing where the bathroom is (hopefully that makes sense).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.