No recent wiki edits to this page.
Silent Hunter V: Battle of the Atlantic is the fifth instalment in the submarine simulator franchise Silent Hunter,
developed by Ubisoft Romania and published by Ubisoft.
Players assume the role of a German submarine captain in a first-person perspective to command their crew throughout the single-player campaign. The campaign is set in the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea during World War II.
- Ability to walk through all of the submarine in first-person view.
- Direct crew interaction and a simulation of the tension and fear of the crew.
- A new objective-driven dynamic campaign mode
- Allied ships respond to players advances and new locations, upgrades and resupply alter the campaign dynamically.
- A brand-new user interface supporting a beginner mode and a mode where the player can control the whole submarine on their own.
- Improved graphics and realism.
- Silent hunter 5 : Battle Of the Atlantic PC DVD-Rom
- Game manual
- Official guide, containing all in-game details
- Authentic map of the Battle Of the Atlantic
- SH5 original Soundtrack
- 7 unique submarine & enemy ship skins
- One iron box
is a service where you earn points and use them to unlock bonus items. Here is a list of Actions (achievements) and Rewards for this game.
Tutorial missionComplete the tutorial and first macro objective, "Invasion of Poland".
Finish 1st campaignFinish 'Total Germany' campaign.
Finished 4th campaignComplete "Battle of Mediteranean" OR "Operation Drumbeat" OR "Arctic Convoys".
Complete career modeComplete 'Black May' Campaign.
Silent Hunter 5 WallpaperHigh resolution wallpaper.
Submarines skinsTwo popular camouflage skins which were used by german Uboats during their campaign in Atlantic.
| 20U |
Royally SunkWhile on her way to Gibraltar the fleet carrier HMS Ark Royal is attacked and sunk by U-81.
Chance of a LifetimeA lucky Uboat captain has found himself a dream target: the ocean liner Queen Mary.
PC Version DRM
Ubisoft requires that all of their PC games need an "always-on" internet connection, as part of a new DRM and online services platform. All announced Ubisoft PC games will include the online services, whether sold online, or from brick and mortar stores.
If you get disconnected while playing, you're booted out of the game. All your progress since the last checkpoint or savegame is lost, and your only options are to quit to Windows or wait until you're reconnected. This happens even if the game loses its connection to Ubisoft's 'Master servers' on their end.
This DRM was very negatively received by the PC gaming community, and the servers have come under attack
by hackers in protest of the DRM policy.
- OS: Windows® XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2), Windows® 7
- Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E4400 2 GHz / AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4000 2.1 GHz or higher (Intel Core™2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 2.6 GHz or higher recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista, Windows 7) (2 GB recommended)
- Graphics: 512 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compliant video card(*see supported list)
- Hard Drive: 10 GB (15 GB recommended)
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compliant sound card
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compliant mouse, keyboard
- Internet Connection: 256 kbps Broadband connection (512 kbps connection or better recommended)
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / 9 / GTX 200 series
ATI Radeon HD 2600 / HD 3000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
NVIDIA SLI & ATI Crossfire