Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jan 12, 2003

Sim City 4, the fourth iteration of the classic Sim City series, updates the graphics and expands on the gameplay systems of its predecessors.

My dominion expands!

Mistral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Mistral

(editor's note:The way uploading images onto blogs works in Giantbomb is retarded. WHY DOES ADDING A NEW IMAGE ERASE *EVERYTHING I WROTE*?)

No Caption Provided

This is my lovely region in my lovely game of Simcity 4 that I am making a lovely blog post about since I am in no way annoyed that I randomly lost my entire post because I dared to add a new image. It has lovely areas with lovely names like "New City"(because I somehow forgot to change its name before making it) and "SEA FUCKING PORT"(because the seaports in Seaport were not working for some reason). It has lovely topography because Maxis made the lovely decision to have no random region generation and I didn't feel like using one of the lovely prepacked regions. Some of the lovely water is darker in certain areas because for some reason, the lovely realistic water addin I downloaded only takes effect when you load and save a city.

No Caption Provided
    This is New City, the big man on campus. Well, to be accurate this is about a sixth of New City. This place is HUGE. Shown here is the downtown area, a more residential area with some high tech industry mixed in, and of course a big fucking lake.

No Caption Provided
    The northwestern part of New City. Most of this used to be farmland(gogogo cheesing my way to the Farmer's Market), so it's laid out a bit oddly in some places. Now it's mostly the usual mixture of light/medium residential and commerical crap, but I threw in a college for the low low price of $9.99!

No Caption Provided
    That OTHER part of the city. I meant this to be a nice transition from the farming community to the east to the big city that's going to be the rest of New City, but I foolishly forgot to develop this area until I was well past the point where quaint things like farms would grow. Instead you get, for some reason...a LOT of rich/middle class people and businesses. I suspect that they spend their weekends driving into the farmland and mocking all the manual laborers.

No Caption Provided

A closeup of Richfuckland. It definitely makes sense to have all this pop up suddenly after lots of farmland and low income, low-density housing.

No Caption Provided
    A closeup of the southwestern bit of the city. WE RUN ON SOLAR POWER AND WE LIKE IT. In retrospect, I should have taken all of these shots with New City in perpetual nightime.

No Caption Provided
    Going a bit north, we're seeing the transition into downtown. I've been playing with one-way roads a lot since I really don't want to tear a lot of stuff down to put in avenues, but continually increasing traffic means that I'm really just delaying the inevitable. As a side-note, anyone playing SC4 without using the Network Addon Mod is doing themselves a gigantic disservice and they should go download the NAM immediately to make the traffic simulation better.

No Caption Provided
    Now we're on the northern edge of downtown. Having all that land sandwiched between the ocean on one side and a giant lake on the other must be doing wonders for land value or desirability or something. One of these days I should download more custom buildings so that New City doesn't turn into a giant sea of identical skyscrapers, but doing it one at a time is painful and SC4 content creators all seem to have sticks up their asses about letting other people put their work into megapacks or something.

No Caption Provided
    Another closeup of Richfuckland to top things off. Those lovely trees are a result of some seasonal tree mod I downloaded; in spring they're dark grene, pink and purple, in winte they're DEAD, in summer they're generic, and in fall they're all sorts of bright oranges, red, and yellows.

Coming soon are posts about some other cities, because I figure that doing them all in one post is going to make somebody's computer die.
    Mistral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Mistral

(editor's note:The way uploading images onto blogs works in Giantbomb is retarded. WHY DOES ADDING A NEW IMAGE ERASE *EVERYTHING I WROTE*?)

No Caption Provided

This is my lovely region in my lovely game of Simcity 4 that I am making a lovely blog post about since I am in no way annoyed that I randomly lost my entire post because I dared to add a new image. It has lovely areas with lovely names like "New City"(because I somehow forgot to change its name before making it) and "SEA FUCKING PORT"(because the seaports in Seaport were not working for some reason). It has lovely topography because Maxis made the lovely decision to have no random region generation and I didn't feel like using one of the lovely prepacked regions. Some of the lovely water is darker in certain areas because for some reason, the lovely realistic water addin I downloaded only takes effect when you load and save a city.

No Caption Provided
    This is New City, the big man on campus. Well, to be accurate this is about a sixth of New City. This place is HUGE. Shown here is the downtown area, a more residential area with some high tech industry mixed in, and of course a big fucking lake.

No Caption Provided
    The northwestern part of New City. Most of this used to be farmland(gogogo cheesing my way to the Farmer's Market), so it's laid out a bit oddly in some places. Now it's mostly the usual mixture of light/medium residential and commerical crap, but I threw in a college for the low low price of $9.99!

No Caption Provided
    That OTHER part of the city. I meant this to be a nice transition from the farming community to the east to the big city that's going to be the rest of New City, but I foolishly forgot to develop this area until I was well past the point where quaint things like farms would grow. Instead you get, for some reason...a LOT of rich/middle class people and businesses. I suspect that they spend their weekends driving into the farmland and mocking all the manual laborers.

No Caption Provided

A closeup of Richfuckland. It definitely makes sense to have all this pop up suddenly after lots of farmland and low income, low-density housing.

No Caption Provided
    A closeup of the southwestern bit of the city. WE RUN ON SOLAR POWER AND WE LIKE IT. In retrospect, I should have taken all of these shots with New City in perpetual nightime.

No Caption Provided
    Going a bit north, we're seeing the transition into downtown. I've been playing with one-way roads a lot since I really don't want to tear a lot of stuff down to put in avenues, but continually increasing traffic means that I'm really just delaying the inevitable. As a side-note, anyone playing SC4 without using the Network Addon Mod is doing themselves a gigantic disservice and they should go download the NAM immediately to make the traffic simulation better.

No Caption Provided
    Now we're on the northern edge of downtown. Having all that land sandwiched between the ocean on one side and a giant lake on the other must be doing wonders for land value or desirability or something. One of these days I should download more custom buildings so that New City doesn't turn into a giant sea of identical skyscrapers, but doing it one at a time is painful and SC4 content creators all seem to have sticks up their asses about letting other people put their work into megapacks or something.

No Caption Provided
    Another closeup of Richfuckland to top things off. Those lovely trees are a result of some seasonal tree mod I downloaded; in spring they're dark grene, pink and purple, in winte they're DEAD, in summer they're generic, and in fall they're all sorts of bright oranges, red, and yellows.

Coming soon are posts about some other cities, because I figure that doing them all in one post is going to make somebody's computer die.
    lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lamegame621

XD Definitely the best (and only) SimCity4 blog.

chirotera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By chirotera

The city of Richfuckingland amuses me. :-)

Also, making posts way after the original topic is awesome.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

I like it! shame there isn't more simcity 4 dudes around here! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.