Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Developer Gameplay Walkthrough

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Messier

I'm surprised this didn't go up in the video section today. This is probably my most anticipated upcoming game after watching this. I'm so glad they simplified the water and electricity systems. That was always the thing that kept me from getting too deep into the last few versions of SimCity. Can't wait for February!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Looks pretty awesome! I really like a lot of the data layer and city infrastructure management changes that they've made, and it looks like they'll simplify the management of things like power/water utilities and not being entirely clear on the exact area that something like a police station can service.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By planetary

This looks fantastic. Really looking forward to it!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Subjugation

So excited for this game.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By haggis

It's looking fantastic, only I don't have a PC that will run it well--and SimCity games tend to need lots of processing power to run smoothly. But there's really no way I can say no to a new SimCity game, especially given what I've seen. It looks like they might have exchanged some of the micromanagement (not running separate water lines, for instance) in exchange for a better data layer and resource movement. It sounds like an excellent trade-off to me, if they can keep the balance right.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I cant wait for this game! It looks like the railway system is not finished yet, there's no way that rail would ever connect at a 90 degree angle like that.

Knale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Knale

Seriously, this needs to be on the front page. I can just tell settling in for a night of this game is going to turn into the next morning already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.