Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Target has this for $40 from March 24th - March 30th

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

So apparently Target has SimCity on sale for $40. Plus if you activate it before Monday March 25th at 11:59 PM PDT you get one of those free games off the list HERE. As much as I hate the whole DRM issue and am not a fan of origin I think I might have to do this.

Is this enough to get anyone else on the SimCity train?

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

$40 for a busted game? Nah.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Fun but Flawed game, if you want to pick it up pick it up for 40. Server issues are gone and traffic is getting patched. This version is still addicting so if city building is what you want just pull the trigger.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Don't buy it yet. It's still broken. Wait until the fixes are in.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

eh, went ahead and bought it. Enjoying myself so far. I have faith that Maxis will fix whats broken. (other than the always on-line DRM thing, but oh well.)

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

$40 on Amazon too, and no tax. At least not in Colorado. Went ahead and picked it up and got the free copy of Dead Space 3 for registering it. $20/game, could be worse.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

So do Best Buy and Amazon, by the way.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funkydupe

"THIS GAME IS EFFING BROKEN AND YOU SHOULD NOT BUY IT!" - VanOrd

Its the most straight forward thing I've heard from a video game reviewer in a long time. Refreshing.

That was around release. Now it is probably better, but I'd wait even longer to see how it does.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sure it's a little better now, but there is still quite a bit that they need to fix.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA has all of the incentive in the world to get you to buy the game now before all of the issues are addressed. If they get enough people to buy it sooner rather than later there is less pressure to get them to address those issues.

There is nothing wrong with waiting where you might be better off just using the $40 to buy the game you want on that list instead.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

$40 on Amazon too, and no tax. At least not in Colorado. Went ahead and picked it up and got the free copy of Dead Space 3 for registering it. $20/game, could be worse.

I was feeling really good about not buying it until I read this.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@krakn3dfx said:

I was feeling really good about not buying it until I read this.

Yeah, I played through the tutorial and a started up a city in a region with a friend of mine last night. Admittedly, I only put in maybe half an hour outside of tutorial time before I had to run off to watch Walking Dead, but I'm okay with it so far. I can already to the build area will annoy me at some point, but still, for what I paid, I'm not going to get too upset about it. I'd been planning on buying Dead Space 3 anyway, and I would have paid $30-$40 for that by itself, so I'm calling it a win at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.