Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Grab a gunsword and charge your way through hundreds of on-screen enemies to escape persecution for something your father did in this sequel to Treasure's N64 cult classic shooter.

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - Out Friday

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By apathylad

It's not out here in the US until June 27th. I might purchase it, I've been wanting get some more Club Nintendo coins before the membership year expires.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

I never played the first, so this is a complete unknown to me.  I want to get it, but have no real idea if I will like it - I am going on faith.  Monster Hunter Tri is first off the rank for y money at the moment.  It was released last week and I still haven't seen a copy anywhere.  The advertisement they are running for it just makes me drool - I want it badly.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rallier

I like the characters design quite a bit actually,they look really odd and have a  weirdly appealing dead stare. The models do not look all the great up close in the cutscenes i have to agree, they should just have pre-rendered those cutscenes instead of doing them in engine. Well i suppose that that would have made the project more costly.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne
    @Linkyshinks said:

"So, who's getting a copy?"

*raises hand*  
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Reversible cover sweetness for PALand, must get. Also, not lightgun style. Starfox style, Panzer Dragoon style, rail shooter style. Edit for clarification: it's basically a shmup (shoot 'em up) in 3D. You know, those top or side scrolling titles, where you actually control a character or ship, unlike lightgun games. Like that, but scrolling in any direction since it's 3D. In/out of the screen, left/right, top bottom, it has everything to enhance the visual stimulation offered but keep the gameplay classic, similar to a dual analog shooter, except on Wii you have one analog and pointer shooting (yay!).

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Reversible cover sweetness for PALand, must get. Also, not lightgun style. Starfox style, Panzer Dragoon style, rail shooter style.
    "
    That looks sweet, it's easily one of the best Wii covers so far, Fragile tops it though. 
    zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By zolloz89

man, one of the few wii games to catch my eye. cant wait for US release

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this game need a nunchuck? I haven't felt a need to use my wii in the 2 years since i lost it (until now obviously).

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @Linkyshinks:  I will definitely look into this one. Treasure has a pretty awesome track record that speaks for itself, even if I unfortunately haven't played many of their games.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Meowayne
    @Linkyshinks said:

" @masterpaperlink said:

" Does this game need a nunchuck? I haven't felt a need to use my wii in the 2 years since i lost it (until now obviously). "
     It does, for movement of your character. "
    It doesn't need a Nunchuck, you can also play it with a Classic Controller or Gamecube Controller.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Willy105
    @Meowayne said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:

" @masterpaperlink said:

" Does this game need a nunchuck? I haven't felt a need to use my wii in the 2 years since i lost it (until now obviously). "
    It doesn't need a Nunchuck, you can also play it with a Classic Controller or Gamecube Controller. "

Considering this is a shooting game, won't that make it incredibly hard? (unless the game adjusts difficulty for different control schemes)
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:

" @masterpaperlink said:

It doesn't need a Nunchuck, you can also play it with a Classic Controller or Gamecube Controller. "
    Considering this is a shooting game, won't that make it incredibly hard? (unless the game adjusts difficulty for different control schemes) "
    Treasure has stated in the past that the game has been designed so that certain portions are more difficult using the Wii Remote/Nunchuk while others are more difficult using the Classic Controller.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Meowayne
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:

" @masterpaperlink said:

Considering this is a shooting game, won't that make it incredibly hard? (unless the game adjusts difficulty for different control schemes) "
    Even with Wiimote controls, the game does not require you to aim directly at your targets. Sure took me a while to get used to: You use the pointer to select a target and it remains selected (and shot at) until you release the trigger or aim at something very far from the initial target. You can also switch on auto-aim at any time - target remains selected regardless of what you do until you turn auto-aim off. While in auto-aim, your shots do less damage. 
    My trigger finger hurts. :] This game is hard!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.