Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Singularity

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Singularity is Raven Software's alternate history shooter, where the player is given the ability of time manipulation.

Multiplayer?

ZipCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ZipCrash

I started playing this on my room mates Xbox as he went out and bought it and I'm actually really liking it. I'm wondering if the game is worth picking up for the multiplayer? I noticed a good bit of MP achievements but if the MP is crappy then I'll just play my room mate's copy when he's not using it. :P Thanks guys.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By cstrang

Why not try the multiplayer for yourself when he isn't playing?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

It's actually pretty damn good. Unfortunately most games are at least a little bit laggy.

ZipCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZipCrash
    @OneKillWonder:  Does the time stuff translate into the MP or is it pretty standard deathmatch stuff? 

@cstrang:  Good point, I guess I can try to do that when he's not on it, I just don't get much time with any of his games while he's still playing it so I was kinda trying to find an excuse to justify purchasing it even though there is already a copy in the house. :P
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @ZipCrash:  Kind of. It's class-based, and there are only two game modes. One team is always soldiers, and the other team is always creatures. There are four classes to choose from on each side, and each soldier class has a specific TMP power. One class gets the impulse ability, one class gets a pretty neat teleportation ability, one class is a healer, and the last class has a shield that can counter melee damage. 

As for the creatures, one is the Phase tick, which are those little annoying bugs in the campaign, where you can either explode yourself near enemies or leap on an enemies head and possess them. There's also the Zek, which are the dudes that like to run at you and throw barrels, which you can also do, as well as turn invisible and invulnerable for a brief period. There's the Revert, which pukes on enemies, as well as has the ability to lay down proximity mines. Lastly, there's the big spider-ish creatures which you don't encounter until very late in the game. I forget what they're called, but they're pretty powerful and allow you to shoot either a single large energy blast or a small shotgun-like spread blast.

The two modes are Creatures vs. Soldiers, which is a self-explanatory team deathmatch mode, and Extermination, which has one team protecting nodes on various parts of the map while the other team tries to destroy it. Yeah, not really anything new there, but the game is very fun to play and each class feels fairly balanced. There's also completely meaningless ranking system.
    ZipCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZipCrash

@OneKillWonder:  Cool that actually sounds pretty good. The way you describe the creatures kinda reminds me of Left 4 Dead versus mode which I always thought was a good idea but just never a big Left 4 Dead fan. I appreicate all that info! I think I'm going to go buy it now.  :)

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

Anyone else finding they get disconnected often? I've tried a couple of matches on the PS3 and disconnected from them all within 5 or 10 minutes after joining.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Dreamfall31

...I play PS3 and it can't even find a match to play ever....

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By DrPockets000
    @Hamz: @FoxMulder: I was never able to connect to a game, even once (360)
    Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Maclintok

Tried out a game earlier tonight.  It's very laggy but I still had fun in the session I played.  

buttmonk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By buttmonk3y

Are the servers for this completly dead?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.