Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Singularity

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Singularity is Raven Software's alternate history shooter, where the player is given the ability of time manipulation.

WHAT?! (ending spoilers)

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

THAT was their twist? That we saved Demechev at the start?? I knew that anyway because after you save him they refer to him as that!! If they'd left him as a nobody we would have assumed he had no relevance, instead of giving away one of their supposedly huge twists within the first 10 minutes!!! I honestly thought this was a fuckin sham of an ending and because THEY GAVE IT AWAY, I knew that information from the start. 
    I absolutely LOVED the last hour or so of this game where you got to go crazy with the TMD powers in 1955, but I thought that ending was awful. 
    Am I the only person who knew the end from the beginning?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DrPockets000

Yeah, I called it too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That... isn't the twist.  I don't know how you could come to that conclusion.  They immediately show you the results of saving Demichev.  The twist is that the person screaming at Renko to not save him was Renko himself, that the entire game had been a time loop, and that the only way to end the time loop was to shoot yourself in the past (which didn't happen at the start of the game).

The other 'twist', so to speak, is the results of which ending you choose.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By demontium

YOU SPOILED IT! 

jkjk.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
    @Brodehouse said:
    " That... isn't the twist.  I don't know how you could come to that conclusion.  They immediately show you the results of saving Demichev.  The twist is that the person screaming at Renko to not save him was Renko himself, that the entire game had been a time loop, and that the only way to end the time loop was to shoot yourself in the past (which didn't happen at the start of the game).  The other 'twist', so to speak, is the results of which ending you choose. "
    Yeah I guess so, but the use of a flashback montage coupled with Barachov's delivery of what went down, I think was suppose to leave some impact. I mean if it was knowledge who Demechev was, we would have had have been reminded.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    " That... isn't the twist.  I don't know how you could come to that conclusion.  They immediately show you the results of saving Demichev.  The twist is that the person screaming at Renko to not save him was Renko himself, that the entire game had been a time loop, and that the only way to end the time loop was to shoot yourself in the past (which didn't happen at the start of the game).  The other 'twist', so to speak, is the results of which ending you choose. "
    Yeah I guess so, but the use of a flashback montage coupled with Barachov's delivery of what went down, I think was suppose to leave some impact. I mean if it was knowledge who Demechev was, we would have had have been reminded. "
    Well..you might be wrong. Think of it as the GIRL being the anomaly in time. Not yourself....She is the only constant in each one. She is why this time loop started. 
    Necrothug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Necrothug
    @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    Yeah I guess so, but the use of a flashback montage coupled with Barachov's delivery of what went down, I think was suppose to leave some impact. I mean if it was knowledge who Demechev was, we would have had have been reminded. "

I'm pretty sure they revealled who Demechev was when you saved Barisov (sp?) and met him in his stronghold. They said the guy changed his name during the film he shows you. 

The twist is that you've been working against yourself thru the entire game, hence the various messages written on the wall.  Also, you could say the bigger twist is the fact that things weren't corrected, even after killing yourself in the past.
    mangomonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mangomonger
    @Necrothug said:
      Also, you could say the bigger twist is the fact that things weren't corrected, even after killing yourself in the past. "  

what  do u mean not corrected?
    Necrothug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Necrothug

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.