- A major feature of the controller is the ability to sense both rotational orientation and translational acceleration along all three dimensional axes, providing six degrees of motion control.
- The SIXAXIS can operate for up to 30 hours on a full charge off of its 3.7 V Li-ion battery.
- It utilizes Bluetooth wireless technology.
- The controller is charged through a mini USB 2.0 port located on the top.
- The SIXAXIS features finer analog sensitivity than the DualShock 2 -- four times the precision.
- A row of four numbered LED port indicators are on the top of the controller, to identify and distinguish multiple wireless controllers.
- The R2 and L2 buttons are now trigger-like allowing for a larger gradient.
This controller has been supplanted by the DualShock 3
as the official controller for the PlayStation 3
To see a list of PlayStation 3 games that support the SIXAXIS tilt functionality, see the SIXAXIS Support